- 20 -

over

"Clay!" George exclaimed, "I missed you!" "Of course you did," Clay mumbled under his breath, "Look, George, we need to talk" The shorter guy looked confused but quickly said, "sure, let's head inside?" Clay simply shook his head, seating himself on ground infant of his home. "Are you okay, Clay?" George asked, "You look kind of serious" "George," Clay began to talk, "I feel like we're moving too fast? Like we're by each other's side all the time and we basically don't have any time for ourselves. When have you last seen your own home?" he asked. George simply shrugged, he already knew what was coming. It's the one thing he hoped would never happen because he was too afraid to go down the spiral again. "I think we need a break, baby," Clay said, "It doesn't mean we can't talk to each other anymore or something like that, I'm saying we shouldn't be around each other all the time" He stops talking for a moment, trying to form the words in his head. He didn't wanna crush George completely.

"So you want us to break up?" George mumbled. Clay looked at him for a second, "I'm saying we should take a break, not break up" "It's the same," George whispered as he felt tears rolling down his cheek. "George, I still care about you. I need more space, way more space" "So you don't like having me around you? Is that what you're saying?" Clay shook his head, no. "I love being around you," he stated. "So, why do you want be gone, then?" "I don't want you gone, I need space," Clay explained. "Just say you don't like me, it's easier for me that way," George mumbled. The short boy had never looked at Clay that entire time. "I like you very much," Clay said and before he could say anything else, George said, "It's okay, Clay. No, really, I get it. I don't like myself either," he mumbled and stood up. "I guess I'll just leave then? This is the last goodbye then, I guess," he said.

"George," Clay said, "don't be so hard on yourself, please. Take care, I'm still here for you, you know that, right?" "It doesn't feel like you give a fuck about me, Clay," George said. Clay groaned and stopped the short brunette from walking away from him, holding him close in his arms. "Alright, George," Clay said, "one last kiss. Then, we need to take a break. It's better for the both of us if we'd stay away from each other for a little bit" George smiled at the thought of kissing the younger one. "One kiss," he said and looked up to the blond.

Clay slowly pressed his lips against the other's, butterflies appearing in his stomach. To older one slung his arms around Clay's neck, deepening the kiss. Clay's hands rested on George's waist; he didn't want to admit it but he never wanted to let go of him. He knew he needed to for the both of them, but he simply wanted George in his arms when they fall asleep and the sweet kissed he'd get if George woke up before him. George was so special to him and he never wanted to let go, ever. It was bad - he knew it was.

"Can I stay?" George whispered and Clay simply nodded, dragging the older one inside the house, up to his room. The brunette instantly laid down on his bed, waiting for the blond to join him there. He was smiling, he was glad his plan worked.

Nick was prepared for a devastated George to text him, maybe even show up. He had cancelled all the plans he made with Karl and Alex in order to show his best friend that he's here for him. He waited so long, maybe three hours until he texted Clay to ask what happened.

new one

????

is he okay?

(7.24 p.m.)

he didn't need to wait for very long to get a text back. It was a photo of George softly smiling while being asleep in Clay's arms. The caption said sorry, I tried. Nick's mouth flew open. It was exactly what wasn't supposed to happen. He should've known, though, George has his persuasive ways. It was always close to manipulating people to do what he wanted, he almost always succeeded to do so. "What the fuck, George," Nick mumbled.

new one

what did he say to you

(7.27 p.m.)

He looked really broken and he was like 'just say you don't like me, I get it, I don't like myself either' and it broke my heart, so I said one last kiss and now we're here

I can't bring myself to break his heart

(7.29 p.m.)

of course he did

should've known

dammit george

(7.30 p.m.)

??

(7.30 p.m.)

George has his ways of getting whatever he wants and he wants you

(7.30 p.m.)

He shut off his phone, placing it on the table next to his bed and groaned. George was so frustrating.