- 21 -

good morning

"Good morning, Clay," George mumbled as he woke up and felt his boyfriend's hand stroking his hair. "Morning, baby," Clay said in his usual deep and raspy morning, "sleep well?" George nodded and pulled himself closer to Clay. "As much as I want to keep laying here, we actually need to go to school, baby," Clay whispered into the shorter one's hair. "Don't wanna," George said. "I don't want either," Clay whispered, already fearing the glances he'd get all day.

He knew he fucked up yesterday, he shouldn't have let him stay. He needed to be colder. Nick was probably disappointed in the new student, as was Niki. The others were simply annoyed at the couple - Clay could understand why they didn't like them together.

George noticed Clay's hand being buried in his hair but not moving as it usually does. He turned around and supported his weight on his elbows, looking into the other's face. "Whatchu thinking about?" he asked. "Nothing important," Clay smiled. It was important, he simply couldn't say it. He couldn't bring himself to say it.

The couple was laying in silence, the first sunbeams enlighten the plain room, making pretty pattern on the wall above the bed. George was close to dozing off, being fully relaxed because of Clay's hands wandering around his body in a calm way. "Stay awake, Gogy," he whispered. He quietly shook his head, not wanting to move at all. "We gotta stand up," the boyfriend said. George, again, quietly shook his head. "You can wear my sweatshirt?" Clay suggested, making George smile. "Alright, but you gotta stand up now," he said as he let go of George, him whining in response to his body being cold all of a sudden. "Don't be a whiny bitch," Clay scolded the older one as he striped off his shirt, feeling his boyfriend's glance all over his torso.

"Maybe take a pic, it'll last longer," Clay smiled, George simply stated, "pass me the phone then" Clay rolled his eyes and pulled out a sweatshirt from his closet, throwing it to George. "Get dressed, dickhead," he laughed. The older one scoffed and sat up straight. "Asshole," he mumbled quietly. Clay left the room to get to the bathroom, doing his normal morning routine.

"Stop fooling around and eat your damn apple," Clay said, having eaten his half already. "I'm not hungry," George mumbled. "No excuses, baby," Clay smiled and kissed the shorter's cheek, no paying attention to him anymore so he could eat the fruit in peace. Not paying attention to his boyfriend eating would always work.

"Are you ready?" George asked approaching Clay who was sat at the couch, checking Twitter or something. "Let's go," he sighed and stood up, walking to the door where he kept his shoes. "I have no motivation for today, I'm gonna die," Clay said. "Same," George responded, "I don't feel like paying attention to teachers anymore," George whined. "We'll see each other in lunch again, okay? Also, you got Will," Clay said. "Yeah but he's been kind of mean lately," George mumbled. "What do you mean?" Clay asked confused. "I don't know, he's distanced and cold and he always glares at me, I don't know what I did wrong," George explained while being visibly hurt. "He probably got a hard time right now, just ignore it, baby," Clay said, hugging George tightly. The older one nodded and wiped his tears.

Clay knew exactly what was wrong with Will and he couldn't believe he showed it like that. He rolled his eyes, deciding to talk to him once they were in class, hoping it wouldn't go worse after that. He was well aware of the fact that George changed. People tell him all the time, too. But, it's like they want him all for themselves, trying to help him while he went down his spiral further and further. He feared, if he left, George would hit rock bottom. His reaction the day before was enough to know that he shouldn't break up. He'd find another way to get George to let go off Clay for a bit. A bit more space. That's all they need.

"You did nothing wrong, Georgie," Clay whispered, "just forget about it, let's go listen to music, okay?" George nodded, letting go of the embrace first. "Your music?" George asked. Clay nodded, already pulling out his phone to open Spotify and to find the playlist he currently listened to the most.