- 19 -

addicted

Everybody felt like George was taped to the tall blond's and it was slowly getting on their nerves. Nobody really got to talk to George besides Clay since he wasn't responding to anyone - he barely replied to Nick - unless Clay was nearby or they talked about Clay. The whole group got pissed at Clay although he can't do anything about it. It was getting on his nerves, too. The short one didn't seem to notice, he was simply glad he was thinking less about himself which means he hated himself more. His self-hatred turned into love, the only bad thing about it is that he was obsessed. Normally, people got addicted to substances like Clay and Nick are to nicotine but George was simply in love.

The conversations on the lunch table haven't included Clay for the last few days. Clay's mood dropped. He knew exactly why they did it any he understood them perfectly well but he didn't need this treatment. The good thing about all of this, the bright sight, George began to look healthy again. He gained weight, he barely has any bags under his eyes anymore and he finally laughed again. The only thing Nick likes about Clay right now is the improvement in his health. Otherwise, it's not looking to good for the new student at the moment.

George has barely seen his house in the last few days. Clay's parents love their son's boyfriend, though. He quickly became the favorite guest they've ever had and Clay's mom nearly melted when she saw the two of them cuddling in bed. Clay always held him tight, George was barely kept awake by his thoughts. If he was awake at a late hour, it was because of Clay.

So, when Clay had wanted to get them food the other day, the way George had clung onto his arm was no surprise for anybody. You're either coming with me, Clay had said, or you're staying here for one second without me. Of course, he hadn't even consider the second option. George hadn't even notice the annoyed undertone in his boyfriend's voice as he had happily walked close next to him. Nick had rolled his eyes and Wil stated that relationship is so fucking unhealthy, mate. They had all nodded; Clay doesn't even want it, Niki had said, what are you looking at me for? It's obvious that it's too much for him, she had defended herself. Nick simply shrugged and looked at his phone, scrolling through all the new notifications he had gotten - mainly from Alex and Karl.

They split their food as usual, Clay admittedly never ate enough but he was glad to help the older one. So, he learned to get himself something to eat when nobody was looking - mainly between classes, cause, you know, George - so George didn't feel as if he was all of the food.

A few days after Niki said the things nobody dared to say, Clay finally needed space. As they were walking to the car, Clay started talking, "Baby, I think I'm gonna walk home today, I need to do some activity". He saw how hurt George was but he desperately needed space. "Okay," George mumbled as he got into the car and drove off. "Bro, you good?" Nick asked the American. "I just fucking need space, man," Clay sighed, "He's by my side all the time, I barely get time to care for myself because I need to check on George. It's so exhausting" "To be honest, I feel like it's better for the both of you if you'd break up with him. He's way to attached for his own good," Nick stated as Niki joined their conversation, "For once, I have to agree with the dumbass. It's not like you're not made for each other, it's the wrong time"

Clay nodded and walked off, waving at his two friends. He mentally prepared for the talk he was about to have when he came home, already knowing the Brit would stand in front of his house, waiting for him to arrive. The walk was long, he tried to pass as much time as possible before he had to say the words he didn't want to say. He needed to, though. They both needed to get away from each other. All of them knew George would need support after their break up, Nick was prepared to get called by him. He got his favorite snacks and prepared Netflix with his comfort movie, the bed was ready and had lots of pillows in it, tissues laying next to them.

He knew what would happen - it wasn't the first time.