3. New Girl

EDITED

Beep!

Beep!

The alarm clock cried immediately waking me up and rescuing me from the horrible nightmare.

I did my normal morning hygiene routine, then cooked food for the house mates i so happen to call family, served them the breakfast, then ate my usual breakfast and walked to school.

Hugging the warm long sleeved top to protect me from the fierce but warm wind, I continued my peaceful walk to school. Greatly aware of the rarity of the situation. Me and peace were not friends.

I arrived at school to everyone whispering and gossiping like ladies at tea time in London. I hope Alice hasn't started another rumor about me because last time I couldn't even walk in the hall ways without a snicker or a snort coming from the learners.

Arriving at my locker i took out the necessary books and to my luck and surprise Alice was too busy gossiping like the rest of the school to bother me. She never misses the opportunity to humiliate me.

I wonder what's the fuss about.

I went to class and sat down at the back like I always do because I wanted to be as small and unnoticed as possible, I don't particularly like being looked at if you haven't noticed.

People started filling in the seats and we all waited for Miss Brown to arrive.

"Good morning class today we have two new students but unfortunately one of them couldn't make it today but he will surely be here tomorrow. But in the mean time please introduce yourself young lady"

Ooh that's probably why people were gossiping. They were probably judging and criticizing the poor girl. They love corrupting new souls.

"Hi everyone my name is Adeline Travis." She said with a bright smile pasted on her face, clearly not bothered by the glares coming from every female besides myself.

She was very beautiful, her neat red hair tied into a bun and her brown like gold eyes sparkling with excitement. The probability of her being friends with my sister was quite high.

She was truly beautiful and by the looks of things I'm not the only one who agrees  because every guy was staring at her with desire. Desire to be with her of course.

"Well I hope you have a wonderful day Miss Travis you can go sit next to Miss Smith. Gem please lift your hand up so she knows who you are."

I lift my hand up and she walks towards me smiling, I just look down avoiding eye contact, like I do with everyone who looks at me and made myself as tiny as possible.

"Hi you must be Gem." She whispered not wanting to be heard by Miss Brown.

Why was she talking to me? She probably wants something from me, my lunch money? My pen, pencil?

"Um yah that's me." I whispered still looking down. "Can you please show me around since im new and all. Dont really know my way around" She said with a small smile.

"Umm okay sure" i mumbled with uncertainty.

After class I showed her around school and every guy was looking at her as if she was water after a week in the desert and every girl glared at her feeling threatened.

She was very beautiful, kind hearted and smart, something you don't see alot these days. Beautiful, kind and smart is a rare combination, take me for example I'm smart and i think I'm nice but not beautiful, never beautiful. She even sat with me at lunch.

But I'm sure once she gets other friends she is going to leave me...Right?

Right?