23. Forget The Hurt.

EDITED

I left his room with a heavy heart.

It hurt so much and i didn't know why it hurt this much. I'm human it isn't supposed to hurt this much but yet it did and it still does.

I went to my room and i got onto my bed and hugged my legs with my head lying on my knees.

I feel so stupid to acually believe someone would generally want me. I scoff inside my head even my soul mate doesn't want me.

I didn't want to feel this pain anymore, I wanted to forget at least for a moment so I decided to read.

To distract my heart from hurting and to stop the tears from flowing.

I went to my closet and took out the bag with the books and art supplies I got from home. My old home.

Then I saw it...the envelope that had my name on it. I guess this this would be a good time to read it.

I opened it suddenly feeling nervous.

Dear Gem.

I know you probably hate me for not being there for you and I don't blame you. I feel guilty everyday when I watch you being tormented being treated so badly.

I have to tell you something.

I know telling you this via letter is not the best way but I couldn't bring myself to look at you knowing that I have failed you. So I hope you forgive me.

I am not you biological mother. We are not your real family Gem. Your dad is not actually your dad, your sister is not actually your sister and I'm not acually your mom.

This is probably hard to take in right now and all I can do is say I'm sorry. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me for not being a good guardian.

I promised your mother I would take care of you but I broke that promise and i instead watched you suffer. I looked the other way when you begged me with your eyes for help.

I'm sorry...

I know you have many questions and i don't have answers but your mom told me to tell you this once you were old enough.

She said I should tell you that she loves you so much and that she wishes she could be there to watch you grow but she couldnt. She said something about protecting you. She also said I should tell you that you are destined for something big.

I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.

Love

Your mom....guardian.

I must have read that piece of paper like ten times and it seemed to shock me everytime.

They were not my real family. My real family is out there somewhere. So I technically don't have family.

alone. I'm alone.

They are not my family.

I've been living with strangers my whole life. Strangers that made it pretty clear that I was not their family.

I've had enough emotional shit to last me a life time.

I had forgiven her but this...this I don't know. They kept me in the dark and the treated me like crap because I was not family.