39. Gone

EDITED

Chase Travis

It's been 2 weeks now and Gem and Adeline are still in a coma.

And it's taking a toll on everyone in the pack.

I have been drowning myself with work to avoid the empty void that can only be filled by my mate.

For a little while the distraction worked but eventually I would start feeling sad again.

Right now I'm in my study, looking through the evidence that I managed to get about the attacks and vampyrs.

So far I know that rogues are attacking people, because some of the people are providing blood for the vampyrs some are being turned and some are just straight up being killed for no reason.

I also found out that the leader who is leading these attacks is a vampyr and is also following commands from someone else.

They are masking their scents so they are not found.

These people have a plan and are pretty smart.

But we are smarter, I have guards around my territory and in town too.

I also have a friend of my father's who happens to be a witch and owes my pack a favor or two.

Dealing with witches is a big offence but at this moment I'm disparate.

I'm planning on calling her here so she can cast an identification spell on the masking sprays.

Thats why when we find out the scents of these rogues and vampyrs so we are able to look for them.

After a few hours of going over some pack business I go and check up on Gem than Adeline.

Everyday the doctors go and check on them but each check up is the same as the others.

But recently they have found out that Adeline was shaking and breathing heavily but other than that they are both lying lifeless in the pack house.

"Son, can I talk to you" my dad says entering Adelines room that I'm currently in.

"Sure" I say dryly.

We walk to the study and we sit on the couches.

"Son, I think it's about time you forget your fears and use your powers to help both Gem and Adeline"

I stare at him with horror.

"Son it's the only way. We don't have any other choice" he adds.

He knows the last time I used my gifts it didn't work out well.

Heck, it killed someone.

Someone dear to my family, to my pack.

It killed my Gamma and one of my best friends.

I remember the day like it was yesterday. We were 12 years old, I remember when we were training near the borders and a rogue attacked us, Adam couldn't fight off the rogue and was badly hurt.

The warriors arrived and sorted out the situation. Adam wasn't dead, but was in a coma.

I used my power which was the power to pull someone out of a deep sleep or push someone to the hands of death. I can wake someone from somthing that isn't as heavy as death, something that is between life and death. Like a coma or the in betweens or even a deep sleep and I can push someone in a coma or a deep sleep to death.

And that's what I did too Adam

My other power is the power to extract someone's power and make it mine.

I've always wondered why I had much more intense powers then My other family members.

"Dad, I can't" I whisper.

And he knows why.

"Son it's the only way"

"Dad they could DIE. You remember the last time I used my gift Adam died." I half yell.

He sighs.

"Chase, you were young, weak and you didn't know how to use your gifts. But it's different now. You are stronger, older"

I kept quiet. He was right but what if-

I would never forgive myself if my mate or my sister died because of me.

But it's been two weeks and no one knows what's going on with them so no one can help them out.

They might be stuck like that forever. They are as good as dead.

"I'll do it" I whisper. My dad beems with joy. But I sit stiffly on the couch.

"Great, the sooner the better, let's go" I stand up and follow my dad to Adelines room.

I sit next to her bed and take a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

I place my hand on her head and my other hand on her chest.

I close my eyes and think hard on what I want to happen.

I open my eyes and I see a blue light under my hands.

It's working but for how long.

I close my eyes again and continue picturing what I want to happen.

Suddenly Adeline gasps loud and  her her chest rises then falls back again.

Her eyes shoot open and she first looks confused but then recognizes her surroundings.

She sits up and my dad brings her a glass of water.

She gulps all of it.

"They-she was- goddess" she says rushing and breathing heavily.

"Calm down, I'll send an omega to bring you some food" I say.

Thank goddess it worked.

She nods her head and I mindlink an omega to bring her food.

I get up and walk to Gems room.

Her next.

Once I got there with dad hot on my tail, the room was empty.

Gem is gone.