Chapter 07: Chess Underground

Ervin's Place
Ervin's parents noticed Chesster. Ervin's mother asked "Who's this new handsome over here?"

" He's Chesster, our new classmate he just got here yesterday and we invited him in our brotherhood." Ervin replied.

" Aunt we are his guide until he got comfortable in our area."

Mark followed up. Ervin's mother said "ow. Okay, just feel at home Chesster. If you need something just tell it to Ervin."

" Yes ma'am", Chesster replied while smiling.

Ervin told his parent that they will go to their hideout now and asked them to not bother them because of some sort of events. The brotherhood did go to the basement of the house which where the location of their hideout.

Chesster saw that there are four computers set up there and a fridge full of sweets. The kids started to open the computer and the air conditioner. They started eating and explained everything to Chesster what are they up to.

Chesster thought that these guys are going to do some gambling but he was mistaken because they are all playing chess online. Chesster was amazed because it is his first time to see and touch a computer.

Ace asked Chesster, "do you know how to use a computer?"

Chesster answered no then they taught him how to operate it and after a couple of minutes, he now knows how to use it. The brotherhood was amazed because it took them a year to learn how to do basic operations on computers but Chesster just did it on the spot for a couple of minutes.

Little did they know, Chesster have a unique talent on memorizing things so faster than normal. They opened the site vvv.chessunderground.xxx, a site which you can play chess with other players and has a lot of tournaments which give rewards. That's what these kids are after for, the reward.

They let Chesster watch first before they let him play. At exactly 8 o'clock in the evening, they have a tournament which give them credits to use either online or in real life if they win. While practicing with BOT, Chesster noticed the chess board have a letters and numbers.

He asked them what it is and they explained it to him. Chesster wrote it on his notebook all the details and he's memorizing it while waiting. Ace called up Chesster because it is starting it's 8 o'clock.

All four of them started playing while Chesster keeps on watching them. At first to third round, everyone won, but when the fourth round, Mark losses his game followed by Ervin. Now it's Ace and Randy left.

While watching, Chesster noticed Randy is losing in pieces but he got a good position. Randy is about to resign the game when Chesster interrupted him then Chesster asked him if can he try.

Randy agreed because he's going to lose already so he let Chesster continued the game. With everyone's shock even Ace who has just finished his game, they saw that Chesster is winning the game despite of disadvantages of pieces.

For Randy, Mark and Ervin, it is impossible to win that game but not for Chesster because they haven't seen what Chesster saw. Chesster so an unavoidable checkmate to his opponent. Chesster won the game.

Everyone was happy and amazed because they don't know how he did it. "You are amazing, I can't even saw that" Randy said. Chesster just smiled at them and at the same time he was a blushing because it is the first time he got praise like that.

They decided to stop playing and talked with Chesster how he did it. Chesster explained what he saw right there. Ace smiled because they met an amazing kid the same age like them. Ace copied the game notation and save it to his phone.

It's only 10 o'clock but the kids started to sleep not because of being tired playing the computer but because of discussions they made.

Chapter seven!!! Seven!!! Hi it's kots lei again and thank you for reading this chapter! It is an amazing chapter. 11/25/2020 //

As I promised I will release a lot of chapters for this month and try to write the succeeding chapter more interesting. Keep on reading until we checkmate! <3 01/06/2021

Good To Know:

1. BOT - a bot is an application that performs an automated task or usually known as A.I (Artificial Intelligent)

2. Chess notation - are various systems that have developed to either the moves made in a game of or the position of on a game.

3. Resign – Resignation is also a form of respect to your opponent skills, when you are playing against a strong player and there is no hope to survive. Chess masters rarely would like to see his king being checkmated in front of his eyes. The Right Moment to Resign.