Chapter 11: C1 Chess Club

Monday, Mr. Andy's Classroom

Chesster was nervous because those four was late again and what's worst is, It's the day of their try-out. Mr. Andy entered with his co-teacher Artates who will be substituting him because he will be the organizer in their try-out. Mr. Andy called those who are joining the try-out when he saw that Ace and the others are still not present.

Mr. Andy called Ace because he was worried. Ace answered the phone and he told Mr. Andy that they are already in the venue. Mr. Andy was relieved. He asked those the kids who's joining to follow him and let Mr. Artates to handle his class.

The kids followed Mr. Andy. Chesster talked to Mr. Andy that Ace and the others was not yet present but Mr. Andy told him that they are already there. Chesster was also relieved to what he heard.

They reach the venue and the brotherhood was right there smiling. Mr. Andy goes in the front and started talking. There are about two hundred students right there. Mr. Andy's ten participants was in awe seeing how many students are joining.

Mr. Andy explained the mechanics of the game. There are three categories which they can enter, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advance. The top twenty will be chosen as the first ever C1 Chess Club.

Everyone was excited and at the same time nervous. Because there are two hundred of them right there but only sixty will be picked. Mr. Andy asked the other teachers to organized their students and give the details to him.

Mr. Andy go to his students and asked them what category are they going to enter. He knows that Ace can enter the Advance category and the four brotherhood can enter the intermediate and the rest at beginner category.

Ace talked to Mr. Andy that He and his brothers will join the beginner category. Mr. Andy asked what's the reason.

"We want to start at the lowest level before going at the top teacher", ace replied and the four nodded. Mr. Andy smiled and asked the other five. three of the will joining the beginner and the other two will join the intermediate.

Chesster doesn't know anyone of them except the brotherhood because he was still on his first week at the academy. He Introduced again himself to them and the others introduced themselves also.

The three joining the beginner category are Csarina, Billy, and Marco. The two joining the intermediate was April and LJ.

It's their first time talking to Chesster but they are already been befriended with him. Ace knows all of them because he played with them all the time when they have their chess lesson with Mr. Norly.

Ace knows their strength and weaknesses and warned his brothers about the three joining the beginner's category. They maybe on the same class but it's different when they play because there are only twenty slots available in each category.

Mr. Andy returned back at the front and asked the teachers to give the list to him. After a couple of minutes organizing and encoding the list of each category. There are one hundred and twenty students joining the beginner's category, fifty on the intermediate and thirty on the advance.

Mr. Andy and the other teachers talked and decided what to do and how do they start. Mr. Andy started the opening speech and welcomed the participants and teachers for joining the try-out. He even asked the principal to give some encouragement and welcoming speech.

The principal was a skinny old guy and he was slow to go in the front. Mr. Andy assisted him and gave the mic to the principal.

"Good Morning C1 Academy! Teachers and Participants, I'm Principal Primo..." "And let the search of the C1 Chess Club begins", The principal ended his speech. Everyone was clapping. Principal Primo gave back the microphone to Mr. Andy.

"We have decided that the beginner's category will start first until there are forty of the left and let the intermediate and advance to start after that." Mr. Andy announced.

He even said that the mechanics will be the first forty to have five wins will enter the next round. They can't play twice with their opponent. He told the intermediate and advance to stand by and watch for the beginners.

The Intermediate and Advance category are almost consisting of nine to twelve years old. There are only few eight below joining them. The teachers will become the arbiters and they will not handle their own students to prevent cheating.

Chesster and his classmates decided to not play with each other to give them more chances to get enter the club. All of them started to cheer each other and Mr. Andy decided to cheer them but he saw them already having fun and excited and there is not even a drop of nervousness on them.

Hello it's kots lei, I hope you enjoy this chapter!!! 11/27/2020

It's theg start of the try out. please continue supporting me just by reading and even suggestions is brilliant. 01/06/2021

Good To Know:
1. Arbiter – The officiating official / referee