Chapter 12: Brotherhood Attack

The try-out already started and Mr. Andy's participants started to find their opponent. They found their opponents and started playing. After a while, all of them won on their first game except for Csarina.

Chesster cheered her to boost her confidence. After five games, Chesster, Ace and their brother won all of it and they entered the next round. Csarina needed to win two more games and the other two need one more game.

There are ten more slots available for next round. After three games, Csarina and Billy got their fifth win and submitted their result. Only Marco left. They cheered for him because he still on his game and there are only three more slots. If he loses right here, he will be disqualified but if he won, he will enter the next round.

After a couple of minutes, He looks sad. Everyone cheered him up when suddenly he shouted "I won!!!". All of them was worried but when Marco shouted, they all laugh.

All of them entered the next round. Mr. Andy was happy looking at them even he's not right there to instruct them because he's busy on managing the whole event.

The teachers talk to Mr. Andy that his class was good especially Ace. Mr. Andy smiled at them and said "they are my students but I'm not the one who teach them chess."

The teachers were in shock because they know how good Mr. Andy is but he's not the one teaching them. They asked him who taught them and he answered "It's Mr. Norly, I already talked to the other organizers to give Mr. Norly a spot in the coaching staff for the C1 Chess Club."

They give Mr. Andy a thumbs up indicating that they are supporting his decision seeing how good his students are. Mr. Norly didn't attend the event because he's too busy catching up with his lesson from his class in the morning and he can only attend at the afternoon.

Mr. Norly teaching at his class suddenly sneezed and feel cold. He doesn't know that the other teachers are talking to him.

Mr. Andy announced the participants who passed the next round. He encourages those who didn't make it and asked them to not give up and they can still try again next year. He made a good speech for them and everyone clapped their hands not only for Mr. Andy's speech but also for the participants who tried to join.

Mr. Andy gave the participants a break and they will resume at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. The teachers told their students to rest and be surely comeback. Mr. Andy called Mr. Norly if he's okay to join them this afternoon. Mr. Norly agreed and he's already on his way to the venue.

Mr. Andy asked his students to wait for Mr. Norly to join them eat their lunch because Mr. Andy can't leave at the venue with the organizers so they just decided to order their food. Mr. Norly arrived and called the kids to go out and have their lunch.

The kids departed with Mr. Norly for lunch. While on the car, Mr. Norly asked about what happened this morning and the kids was happy that all of them passed for the next round except for the intermediate and advance because they will only start this afternoon.

Mr. Norly was not shock because he knows that the kids what they can do. They just arrived at a restaurant and told the kids to choose anything they want and he told them it is his treat for entering the next round.

They ordered their favorite meals and eat a lot. After their meal, Mr. Norly reminded them to not get to overconfident and always be attentive on their game and always be serious on it all the time.

"I wish you all the best of luck." Teacher's thumbs up and let the kids go out on the car and enter the venue while he's going to park his car.

"Where's Mr. Norly?" Mr. Andy asked. The kids told Mr. Andy that Mr. Norly just parked his car.

Mr. Andy told the kids that he will not say anything and told them that if they need anything, they will ask everything to Mr. Norly. All of them nodded.

Everyone was now ready and they are all inside the venue now. Mr. Andy announced the mechanics of the round.

"Good Afternoon Everyone, and congratulations to the beginner's category who passed..." Mr. Andy said and continued "I would like to announce that we will have a swiss system for this round and We will be having a tournament style with 9 rounds on it..."

Mr. Andy explained about it and the teachers assisted him to explain it on their students who doesn't get it. "there will be two rounds for today, four rounds for the second day and three rounds for third day." Mr. Andy followed up.

Mr. Andy printed the pairing and posted it in three different boards for the participants to see.

Everyone looked for their name and started to go on their respective boards. The Teachers assisted the kids who's still confused and the others are double checking if the kids sitting on their correct order.

Chapter 12!!!! I hope you enjoy it and the tournament begins, may the odds be on your favor !!! – kots lei 01/06/2021

Good to Know:

1. Swiss System - A tournament is a non-eliminating format that features a fixed number of rounds of competition, but considerably fewer than for a .

2. Pairings - A table of who plays whom in a chess tournament, posted on a tournament wallboard. Players with white are listed on the left side of a pairings list, and players with black are listed on the right.