Chapter 03 : Little Bishop

CHAPTER 3: BISHOP

After his father explained about chess and the pieces, His father said, "There are 16 pieces of each player to be played of."
Chesster interrupted, "that's too many father."

His father just smiled then explained the piece chesster got from the old man.

His father said " The piece you got from the old man was a black bishop, it moves diagonally and it depends on its color. If your bishop is white-squared it can only move diagonally on white squares and vice-versa."

Chesster amazed and replied "Father I call my precious piece as my Little Bishop".

His father just smiled and set the pieces on the board. As chesster so attentive, he memorized so fast on how many pieces and how is their action and their primary position on the board.

After a whole day of learning chess. Chesster was so fast to learn and he already knows how to do the basic moves of each pieces and he even slept at the table where they were playing with his father.

His father brought a blanket for chesster and he keep the chess set they used and put it back at his cabinet. While putting it back to his cabinet he took out an another chess set with a strap colored of golden yellow.

He never expect the day that he will be playing chess again and he even teaches his son to play it. Inside his cabinet there are 10 chess set all in all on it and a picture frame of a beautiful woman.

He is crying and talking with the picture "You see, our son is already six year old and he already know how to play chess in just one day. Is this really going to the same path as us?". After talking to the picture he put it back and took out one of the chess set with a white strap on it and hide it on his bed.

8 months later, 03/31/XXXX

Chesster woke up and got out on his room. While walking going to their kitchen he saw a gift wrapped on top of their table and a cake with a letter on it.

He read the letter "Son, I'm leaving for a while. You are good enough to play chess, I just want to remind you to never show your little bishop to anyone I am so proud of you..."

Chesster continued reading "...I want you to follow your dream. I will meet you for some time, I need to do this job. I want you to go to Chess – I City Chess Academy and find Mr. Andy and show the gift near your cake and he knows what to do. Don't cry you're a big boy now. Happy 7th Birthday Son. Love, Father."

He cried and cried until he slept and after a while he woke up again and open the gift and he was surprised and at the same time shocked, it is a white strapped chess set.

He told to himself, " I'll meet you soon father. I will do everything I can until we meet again." The packed everything and followed everything his father said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaaaaapteeeeer THREE!!!! I hope you guys liked it. 11/23/2020
Posted it on wattpad: 12/09/2020

Good To Know :

1. White long bag – it's a chess set use in the story. There are a lot more of chess set and it has a corresponding value on it.

2. white strapped long bag – It is the lowest rank chess set in the storyline.

3. Little Bishop – this was my nickname when I was in elementary playing chess given by our

Journalist when I got interviewed.

4. Mr. Andy – In real life, he was my chess trainor and I learned a lot from him.