Chapter 10: Genius Appeared!

Mr. Andy was busy preparing the things needed for the try out. He was surprised that those kids visited and they even brought a food and drink for him. He asked them what's going on.

Chesster said "Teacher, we took a break after playing too many chess games and decided to visit you."

"Teacher I would like you to see this match." Ace said. He sends the file of the recorded game of Randy that Chesster substituted in and won it.

Mr. Andy called the kids right away and started moving the pieces indicated on the recorded game. He's just moving each piece without any emotions because it was a one-sided game until he moved the brilliant move Chesster made.

He took back the move and paused for a minute. He was amazed not because of the move but on how Chesster saw that with his young age. In their history, no such a young age can come up a game like that because only master can plan like that. He thought to himself, "He's a genius, it looks like history repeat itself again." While smiling.

Mr. Andy explained to the kids the move Chesster made. The kids were amazed and praised Chesster again except Ace who saw everything that time. Mr. Andy asked Chesster how long he have been playing.

"I just played for almost nine months I guess teacher, Why?" Chesster replied.

Mr. Andy and everyone was in shock even Ace. "Nothing, I just asked" Mr. Andy replied.

Mr. Andy warned the kids to stop talking about chess when they are outside and they must keep it privately for a while. Everyone haven't asked anymore questions and agreed to Mr. Andy. The kids asked if they can lend a hand to Mr. Andy because they are already there in the first place.

Mr. Andy smiled and let them set all the chessboards in the table then they can go home after that. The kids hurriedly move and organized everything while Ace talks to Mr. Andy.

"Teacher, there is one more thing I want to show to you." Ace said.

He showed the game he got lose to Mr. Andy and asked what mistake he made right there. Mr. Andy was in shocked again because he knows how good Ace is, after seeing the game Mr. Andy told Ace that his opponent was a strong one.

After organizing everything, the kids bid their farewell to Mr. Andy to go back to their hideout. Chesster remained because he will sleep with Mr. Andy now and tomorrow will be their try-out.

Mr. Andy thanked and reminded the kids to bring their letter signed by their parents before they go out. Chesster also shouted at them to not be late tomorrow.

After that, Mr. Andy closed the building and talked with Chesster. He talked about his father when they we're young. He even tells how strong his father and how big the impact he made to everyone in the chess community.

Chesster also tell that Mr. Andy and his Uncle Edgar said the same. He even said how strong his uncle is. Mr. Andy just smiled and asked Chesster to follow him eat outside.

Mr. Andy treated Chesster and they talked many things and have a bonding like a father and son. Chesster was so happy because even without his father, there is Mr. Andy acting like his father but he still misses his father.

--------------------------------

chapter 10!!! my first ever 2 digit chapter. I hope everyone is okay and please be safe despite of the pandemic, peace out yow! 01/06/2021