Chapter 09: Magician

CHAPTER 9: Magician

The brotherhood got to Ervin's place. Ervin's explained to his parent and gave the letter for them to sign. Ervin's parents was in shock that they never expect their son to be serious in chess that even he wants to join a section specialized for chess.

His mother was emotional that she even has a teary eyes. He was talking to his husband, Ervin's father that no matter what happen they will support him on all of his decisions. The father just nodded because he was scared to his wife.

They go inside their hideout and started playing. Every game they play they paused and analyze the game with the help of the computer. It was leaded by Ace started giving some feedbacks and corrections to them. Randy even joked "You are really worthy to be our leader" and everyone agreed and laugh.

Ace was also one-of-a-kind player like Chesster. On his level, he can even fight a year older than him and can win it easily. He's parents was also a chess player. It's the reason why Ace is very good on it at young age.

It doesn't mean to say that the other three are not good enough, they also have talent it's just because Ace is with them, they were being overshadowed. Despite that, they're still happy about it because Ace was the one who introduced and taught them how to play.

The truth is, those three were really hard-headed kids that doesn't want to listen to anyone. Without Ace they should have really become a delinquent. That's why they fully trust Ace.

They practice for to all at the same time having fun analyzing their games. It's been 5 O'clock and they decided to sop because it's the same as Ervin, they also need to give their letter to their parents. They bid farewell to each other and decided to come by again tomorrow.

Weekend, Early Morning

Everyone now has been infected by Chesster's early morning routine and they woke up early and do the workout. They meet each other at the convenience store to buy their needs before starting to practice again.

After buying what they need, they go back to their hideout and started playing again non-stop like a drug addict, no matter what happen they won't stop. Until Chesster decided to have a break for a while.

Those three decided to stop also when they noticed Chesster. Ace continued playing without minding them. Chesster called Ace that he will go out to take a breath of fresh air but Ace ignored him.

When Chesster decided to go out, he takes a look at the screen when he was surprised, Ace was losing to his game.

It is the first time they saw Ace losing his game. And that's the reason why he is ignoring them.

Chesster look at the position, it was a one-sided game. Ace decided to resign the game.

Before logging out, Ace opponent chatted him and said "You're a good one huh. I almost lose to you but you didn't see my sacrifice right there." Ace tried to reply but he saw his opponent offline. He added him and memorized his IGN "Magician00".

Ace ask them if they're going out but those four decided to stay and the look in their eyes, shining like a good puppy asking for a treat. Ace sighed and laugh and said "Okay, Okay, lets analyze my game then." They nodded again like a puppy.

All of them saw the unexpected sacrifice the magician made. They are amazed on how good that magician played. He even outplayed Ace who is the strongest in their group. Ace laughed like crazy, and everyone was surprised when they saw Ace laughed.

Ace said "Father is right, I remembered what he said to me."

"Never underestimate your opponent no matter what because there will be time that you will lose to someone. So, you better get prepared when that time comes. Don't be too proud to yourself, be humble all the time." Ace continued.

Ace doesn't underestimate his opponent. It's just his opponent was on a different level. Ace decided to give advice to his friends. The more they lose, the more lessons they can learn. Everyone clapped their hands to give respect to Ace.

All of them decided to have a break after the discussion they've made. They go out and visited Mr. Andy. Before going to Mr. Andy, they did go at the convenience store first to buy foods and drinks for their teacher.

Chapter 9! Thank you for your support! 11/26/2020

Hello, It's kots lei and I would like to thank you for everyone who keep up until now even if there is only one keeping up. I will take that as a motivation to make my story interesting even for everyone who doesn't know or doesn't want chess! peace out. 01/06/2021

Good to Know:

1. IGN – means In Game Name; refers to the nickname a player gives to their character or account.