29 - Don't Go To The Burrow

"Harry. Can we- Can we fol-"

"Follow them? My thoughts exactly. Let's go." You both went out of the party and heard Snape talking. You paused time and looked to see what they looked like- well talking and saw Snape practically pinned Malfoy to the wall. Malfoy didn't look at the least bit worried, he only looked furious. You went back to your spot and unfroze time.

"Listen-" Wait- what did Snape just say?..

---

"Listen here! I swore to protect you. I made the unbreakable vow." Did he just say-

"I don't need protection! I was chosen for this! Out of everyone, me!" You held Harry's hand and looked at him, worried. You finally let go, worried that you squeezed too hard. You started to pinch and squeeze your right wrist and heard footsteps retreat. 

"Harry. . ."

"Did you just hear that?"

"Yeah. We can't trust Snape anymore." You couldn't tell him what you heard. It would crush his soul- well more.

"Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"What happens when you make the unbreakable vow?"

"You die. . ."

---

That night, you were packing some of your things, since you were going to the Weasley's Burrow for the holidays. You finally finished and wanted to just read and sit by the fire. It was brilliant- then, you heard a knock at the door. 

"Y/N, someone's here for you, should I let them in?" The painting said.

"Sure, thank you."

"Your welcome." The door opened to the platinum-haired boy, looking dreadful. 

"Malfoy." You said, underneath your breath. "What are you doing here?" You put down your book and stood up, and he walked in. 

"Your common room is. . .yellow."

"No shit, sherlock." 

"What does that mean?"

"You haven't read about Sherlock Holmes-"

"No, I haven't."

"Just great. . .So, what're you doing here?"

"Why were you going with Saint Potter tonight?" 

"Really? I like him and he likes me. At least he wouldn't fuck another girl, while we would see each other." The last sentence, you whispered. He started to look a bit angry, so you hoped that he didn't hear what you said, so you started to squeeze your wrist. 

"Don't- Don't do that to yourself." He grabbed your left hand. "Listen, don't go to the Weaselbee's Burrow, tomorrow." He sat down and sat you next to him. 

"Why? Why can't I?"

"Just- please- It's for your own good. I can't tell you yet, just please listen to me."

"If you're going to warn me, then just tell me the whole thing."

"I just said that I can't tell you." You grabbed your hand back and stood up. 

"So, 'you can't tell me'? It's obviously a bad thing since you're hiding it. What are you hiding?"

"Just promise me that you won't go. Please, I care about you and I need you to be safe."

"I'm not gonna do that if you don't bloody tell me what's going on." 

"I know that you already know what we are." You heard someone behind you, so you looked behind you. Ja- Jared?