30 - Their Home Is Gone

You looked back to see the burning burrow. You were standing on the right of the twins, and tears were filling their eyes. Their home. . .is gone. 

---

"I'm sorry, Molly." Why were you so stupid (You're not stupid, I assure you. It's just for the book, I'm sure you're all wonderful people) to let this happen. You knew that something was going to happen, so why didn't you tell her?

"It's not your fault, dearie."

"Mum, what are we going to do, now?" Ron's voice was about to give out. 

"We have to go somewhere. We can rebuild, can't we?"

"Yep-" Even though the twins were sad, they still finished each other's sentences. 

"-We can, mother." Fred hugged George. 

---

You'd been putting out the fire all night, and the Weasley's were able to salvage a few of the things. In the morning, you went into the fields, and you just wanted to sit there, thinking. An hour later, you heard something that wasn't the wind, so that was peculiar. It was probably just Ron or Harry or Hermione, so you stayed there. They tapped your shoulder, and you turned around. Draco Malfoy. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" You glared at him. 

"I warned you."

"Yeah, you and your death eater cousin. I'm sure you're one, too." You turned back around.

"What?"

"Why did they do that?" You were referring to the fire, almost completely destroying the Burrow. 

"Do what?"

"You know what I mean, Draco Lucius Malfoy." You stood up, facing him. He heard you using his full name, so he knew that you were angry- no furious. 

"I tried to warn you, but you didn't listen."

"Oh! I didn't listen? Maybe if you tried to fucking tell me what was going on, I could've listened to you."

"I deserved that. . .Y/N, I don't want what I have to do. I have to-"

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me." You obviously really wanted him to tell you everything that he was ordered to do, but you understood that he couldn't tell you. You started to get less angry. He held your hand, and you just did nothing.

"No! Y/N, I want to tell you- I need to tell you. I have to fix a vanishing cabinet in the Room Of Requirement."

"A vanishing cabinet. . .That's what you were admiring in Diagon Alley." You muttered under your breath. 

"What?"

"Where does it lead to? I know that it has to lead to somewhere, so where?" You had to be sure.

"Borgin and Burk's. It has a twin, once I fix it, people can go in and out."

"Why would that be useful?" You just played dumb. 

"I don't know, but my mother wanted me to do that." Yeah, along with Marovolo (God, Tom is hot tho) and the other death eaters. He just had to leave out the part where he's planning on killing Dumbledore. 

"So, you don't know?"

"No. I don't."

"I saw Jared's- His death eate- His dark mark. Do you have one too?"

"I don't." Why the hell is he lying? You already know that he his, but he just has to lie, he probably knows that you know, but he chooses not to tell you. 

"Good."

"I have to go before anyone spots us." 

"G- Goodbye." You stared into his eyes. 

"I'll see you soon, darling." He kissed your forehead and apparated back to wherever. No! You can't let him back into your life. He's already screwed up too many times. But- But what if this time is different and he actually changed. No! He's said he's trying to change, but you gave him 7 chances. 7 damn chances, and he hasn't changed. What about Harry? Harry's a nice boy, but you know that he likes Ginny, not you. They'll just forget about you. Eh, being single won't be bad, I mean, you've been single, just dating without the title of boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Y/N?" You heard someone call your name.

"Yeah?" You turned around to see Ron.

"Hermione's looking for you."

"Oh, alright, thanks."

"Come on, let's get you up, then." He helped you up, onto your feet. "How come you're just sitting here, by yourself, just doing nothing?"

"Oh, it's peaceful here, and I've been writing some things in here." You pointed to your diary.

"Bloody hell, Y/N, that's Tom Riddle's diary, how did- did you revive the horcrux?"

"No, I didn't." You put your book in your hand. "This is my diary- well more of journal, but diary. It's filled with my stuff." You quickly opened it and closed it. "And if you can tell, it doesn't say 'Tom Riddle', it says Y/N L/N." You pointed to the cover.

"You're weird."

"I know. But, you're even weirder, if you can't pick up the clues that- that-"

"That what?"

"Hermione will be mad if I tell you, so don't tell her I told you. She likes you, and I've seen the way you look at her, you two are made for each other!"

"How did you know?"

"You two are meant to be more than best friends, I just know it."

"And you with Harry?"

"Let's not talk about Harry right now."

"Did something happen?"

"We both know that Harry likes Ginny more."

"But you two are made for each other."

"Or is it that you don't want your sister dating your best friend?"

"Yeah, both. Mione's probably looking for you, come on." You both went to the burrow. And half of it was destroyed. They'd started to rebuild, but how long would it take?

Short chapter, and I haven't posted in two days. . . I've been working on my other book, reading, school, writer's block in this book, my dad has my computer, and I write better on that, and yeah. . .

---

I'm still mad that Draco didn't get any screen time during the Yule Ball, he looked so good!!!  I'd die, if I met him (Tom Felton).

---

Comment
Vote
Read