8-The Yule Ball

You went to the common room to read a book before you went to bed. 

"Oh hi, Cedric." 

"Hey, Y/N." He said without looking up

"And how did you know that it was me..." You said

"We both come down to the common room, reading a book, almost every night. I've memorized your voice by now."

"Yeah... That's true." You got the book from the library and continued reading. When it got uninteresting, you looked up. "Hey, Ced. Are you bringing someone to the yule ball?"

"Yeah. Well, I'm gonna ask Cho Chang soon."

"Ohh. Isn't that the er- Ravenclaw? "

"Yea. That's her."

"Well, a little birdy told me that someone else is going to ask her, so you better be quick."

"Will do. Thanks. Are you bringing someone, Y/N?"

"Well, I'm not going to ask anyone, but I'll just say yes if anyone asks me. Yeah.. erm Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I were supposed to go as a group, but apparently... they all have dates. Or so they say."

"Well, I could set you up with one of my friends." He said jokingly.

"Nice joke, Diggory." You both laugh, then both look down at your books. 

"I actually wasn't joking."

"Oh, well I don't really care, so erm sure? Yeah, I... I don't really know."

"Great. Well, I'm off to shower. Goodnight, Y/N."

"Night, Ced."

------

It was the 15th of December...

"Y/N. Come in my dorm." Hermione said, dragging you into her dorm, by your legs. 

"Why, Mione. WHY" 

"You won't believe what just happened."

"Why. What happened." You said sarcastically.

"Victor Krum. Yes, Victor Krum asked me to the yule ball."

"No goddamn way. Really? Oh my Merlin, I'm so happy for you!" 

"Well, did you find anyone, yet?"

"No, no one's asked me out."

"Well, if it makes you feel any better... Ron and Harry are squirming to find someone."

You both laugh and both realize what time it is. You both have to get to Ballroom dancing. 

"Godric, come on Y/N, we have to get to dancing." She pulled your arm then you both quickly made your way there. You got there with only one minute to spare.  

"Like the past few days, students. Pair up with the same person. You looked at Malfoy, signaling him to come over. He also signaled with his finger for you to come there. You both started walking, and met in the middle.

"Can we just get this over with, Malfoy?" You said

"Gladly, Y/N." 

Your eyes widened when he said your name, in shock. "Woah. So we're on a first-name basis, now." You said sarcastically, starting to dance with him.

"I don't know. If I called you by your first name, then maybe we are now." He returned your sarcastic energy with his signature smirk, yet again. You started to look anywhere else, but him. "What's wrong. I'm too handsome for you, so you have to look away?" You didn't answer. "Really, why are you being like this."