Three Witches

Silas had been pacing back and forth across the small room for the past five minutes after putting his fist through a wall and frightening two teenagers who had been talking in a hallway nearby, half to death. The little female elf hadn't known much more than Silas knew, especially since his Luna had been taken. The hostility was out in the open and they were at war.

She had come to propose an alliance between the Fey and the wolves and he was more than happy to make an agreement with them, especially if they were going to be taking more of an interest in things on this side of the veil. After what he'd seen in the past few days he knew he was going to need all the help that he could get. But at that moment Skye was hardly any help at all.

The arrow wound wasn't life threatening but she had lost quite a lot of blood and she was no in shape to move between the worlds when she could hardly walk across the room. Auntie Grey said that she needed at least a good night's rest, even with her accelerated healing abilities and in the morning they could reassess. Silas was willing to send half of his warriors with her to the Fey Circle, to get her back to the other side, so that she could carry the news that they had agreed to the terms of the treaty and so that she could also relay that the wolves needed help immediately.

Sinking into a hard wooden chair he leaned forward, resting his head in his hands and attempting to feel any part of the mate bond that might tell him where Dahlia was. If her wolf was free he would have been able to track her fairly easily. At least he would have if she wasn't already a great distance away, which given the time frame she shouldn't be able to be just yet. But he thought he should be able to get some idea of where she was, even if her wolf was dead, or had never been there at all. The bond between them was strong, after all. He'd felt it. He should be able to track her. But when he dug down deep and tried to get some sort of a sensing on what direction she was in all he could feel was an empty echoing void in his chest where the bond should be.

He didn't feel like she was dead or gone entirely. He just couldn't find her.

"Fuck." He gritted out the words, his jaw clenched, before trying again. What else could he do? His next effort would be to head out blind and search for her. But how successful would that really be? Trackers were already out searching but so far no one had picked up any sort of scent.

"We're going to find her, Silas." He heard the door close and recognized the voice of the man who had just spoken to him. Dahlia's brother had come here to comfort him, even though the man hadn't even had a chance to meet her yet, despite the fact that she had been here for days.

"I should have called you back. To meet her."

"I would have been pissed. I probably wouldn't have come. If I had I would have just started something with you. It's better you didn't."

Silas nodded silently, running a hand through his disheveled hair. His ears picked up the sounds of yelling outside before Oliver burst through the door.

"Alpha, one of the children just made it back. He was with Dahlia. We think he knows where she is." Silas was on his feet in a moment, running in the direction Oliver had come, following the sound of voices back towards the entrance to the pack house.

A feeling of panic gripped his chest when he saw Lottie, who had several bruises across her face, bent next to the smallest of the Grey children. Tucker Lee Grey was sitting in a small chair just inside the entrance of the packhouse. Someone had thrown a blanket around his shoulders, but even from a distance, with a crowd between him and the small boy, the Alpha could clearly see that the little boy's face had been covered in dirt and mud and at least a little blood. Silas was also fairly certain that there were bruises hidden beneath the coat of grime.