Riding the Alpha's Wolf

"Come away from the house," he said, taking her by the hand and leading her towards the woods. "Now, I have warned you about what I am Dahlia. Are you sure that, so early in knowing me you want to see it too? I don't want to frighten you away Kitten."

"I'm not as delicate as I look Silas," she stared up at him, that same teasing smile curving her lips. But he reminded himself, she still thought this was all a game. She didn't believe that he was anything more than a man, despite the warnings her grandmother had given her.

His hands began to work on the buttons of his white linen shirt and she stepped back, resting her hands on her hips and staring at him appreciatively. "I didn't know you were going to undress for me." Laughter filled her words as he stripped off his shirt, revealing the hard lines of his chest and abs that were even more gorgeous than she had imagined when she had met him earlier in the forest and had nearly challenged him to a sword fight.

"I rather like these clothes," he replied as he unbuckled his belt and sword and placed them next to his shirt which was now folded neatly on a rock. And I'd rather not rip them to shreds when I shift. But if you would like to preserve the innocence of your eyes you can turn around." He kicked off his boots and socks as he continued to undress.

"This is a trick, isn't it?" She said as she eyed his unbuttoned breeches and the v that pointed suggestively to what they were hiding. "Do you have some wolf hidden here?" She raised an eyebrow at him as if he were about to attempt some sort of smoke and mirrors magic trick.

"First off, why on earth would I do that? And secondly, fine. Be my guest. You're my mate. You're certain to see it soon anyways. And as you'll soon learn, as a people, we aren't exactly modest." He cocked his head and gave her a wide grin.

"And actually I do have an idea. If you aren't too hysterical, and you're alright with it, you can ride on my back and I'll return you home in no time. Just pick up this bundle." He let his breeches drop, revealing his muscular thighs and toned calves and of course, his enormous cock standing at attention, practically begging to be touched. He ignored the huge rod between his legs and picked up his breeches as he continued to fold everything into a neat package.

"I know that my broadsword is heavy for you. I'll leave it here and come find it later." He hid it thoroughly in the brush before turning to her and handing her the packet that contained all of his clothes. She continued to stare at him, her eyes wide. She had seen a naked man before, several times, but none compared in any way to him.

Silas was practically a god.

Not that she was going to tell him that.

"Alright. Here we go. As I said. I am a werewolf. I know you don't believe me. But try not to panic." He took several steps away from her and she stared at him expectantly as if waiting for the punchline to the joke she'd been expecting all along to actually be delivered.

He shook his head and turned his back on her, keenly aware that she was staring at his ass.

The first few shifts for a werewolf were painful. The breaking and reforming of human bones into their wolves was truly excruciating. But Silas was far past that. He jumped forward into the air, impressively high, Dahlia found herself thinking. There was a crackling in the air as he transformed, a shift that occured so quickly her eyes really didn't understand what they were seeing.

One moment he was a man and the next he was a wolf nearly the size of a horse.

Dahlia stood frozen in place, staring at the man who had become a wolf, her mouth agape.

It was true. Everything they had said was true. So that meant that the fire that she felt burning through in veins when he touched her was truly a sign that she was destined to be his-

She almost couldn't force herself to think the word. It was so foreign and impossible. Humans didn't often call their lovers mates, not in those parts.

And yet he was hers, destined somehow, even when she had not known what he was.

He had turned to look at her with his clear green eyes the exact shade they had been when he was in his human form. She wondered what his thoughts were like when he was like this. Did he think like a human or like a wolf?

Moving slowly she took a step towards him and then another.

As a wolf, Silas had deep grey fur with a splash of white across his chest. Dahlia longed to run her fingers through it, and she stepped towards him more quickly, any fear or apprehension she had felt melting away. Actually, she thought as she bypassed his head and walked to his side, she had felt more nervous about him as a man who was entirely naked, than she did now. She ran her hands through his thick fur and he turned his head and looked at her with an expression that she could only describe as startled.

"So you were telling the truth," she said softly, reaching up to scratch him between the ears. He leaned happily towards her hand and she took that as a sign that he was quite enjoying himself. She scratched him thoroughly and then stepped back, pressing his clothes against her chest.

"How is this going to work?" She raised her eyebrows and continued to stare at him, waiting for him to communicate whatever it was that was going to happen next. After a moment of watching her he moved close to her again and knelt down right next to her side. Carefully, so that she wouldn't kick him, she stepped across his broad furry back, her legs spread wide. She heard him make a happy whining sound, once she settled atop him, his tail wagging slightly behind him and she rolled her eyes. So even as a wolf he was not so very different from a man, it seemed.

He made his way to his feet very slowly and Dahlia desperately wished she had something to hold onto. But he seemed very aware of her every movement and was obviously trying to make it easy for her to stay atop his back.

After a moment's pause, letting her get used to her new vantage point high atop his back he began to walk and then after a moment of walking, he began to run, but the movement was so surprisingly smooth that Dahlia had no problem staying on his wide, furry back. It was easier than riding the pony that her grandmother had kept for a time when she was small.

The forest began to flash by on either side and Dahlia leaned forward, pressing her face against his fur, her arms wrapped around his sides, breathing in his scent. It was soothing after all of the surprises that she had met with over the course of the day.

They were moving so quickly she knew that it was only a matter of time before they arrived back at her home. The idea, she knew, should make her happy. Instead it caused a dull ache in her chest.

Dahlia didn't want to go home right then. She wanted to stay in the forest with him. At that moment she couldn't imagine the ride ending, couldn't imagine sliding down from his back and leaving him behind in the trees.

Well that's a kind of sudden attachment, don't you think, she asked herself. It was true, it really was. And she wasn't one to let herself get attached to men, especially when it wasn't particularly sensible to do so.

But what was it she'd been longing for? A different life? Adventure?

Finding out that your soulmate was a mythical being who lived in some sort of cursed or enchanted forest was an adventure, wasn't it? She pressed her body against his back, feeling the electricity travel between him even while he was in his wolf form.

Besides, who would give up lightening in their veins for a life of... what? She asked herself. Safety? Security?

Her mother. Her sister. And they surely would expect that she would do the same. She pressed her face against his fur again and closed her eyes, letting her thoughts battle with each other as the forest continued to whirl past on either side, a blur of dark limbs and fireflies, and startled wolves who couldn't believe that they'd just seen their Alpha fly by with a girl on his back. 

I just couldn't wait until Friday so here is an extra chapter because I just finished up four more for Patreon and I was too excited and had to share here too. And if you want to read ahead I've already posted all the way up through Chapter 12 now on my Patreon with additional chapters going up each week there too.

www.patreon.com/OpheliaShaw