In the Dressing Room

He heard a second door open the moment Dahlia's mother closed the door to the dressing room behind her and immediately he stood, stalking close to the door of their room so he could listen as closely as he possibly could. He needn't have. The walls were thin and he could hear what was being said clearly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I nearly bumped into you. But you look like exactly the sort of person that I'm looking for. Your dress is gorgeous."

"Why thank you. I don't believe we've met before." A soft feminine voice replied to Mrs. Lemp's words and Silas ran a hand roughly through his hair wondering if her plan really might be unfolding the way that she hoped.

"I am the Marchioness Horne, and I'm in town with my husband on a diplomatic mission," he rolled his eyes and shook his head at her introduction, " I've only just learned that there's going to be a ball while we're here. I know nothing of the fashions in your kingdom and I'm in desperate need of help. My husband is absolutely useless."

As he heard their voices growing further away he poked his head out of the dressing room and looked both ways. There was no one in the hallway. Taking a deep breath he moved quickly, turning the handle on the door to the room where he knew his mate must be hidden.

He slipped inside, closing the door softly behind him, and not turning to look until he'd locked the door firmly and checked it twice. He didn't realize that he'd been holding his breath the entire time until he heard her gasp as she turned around to face him. When he had come in she must have been in the process of changing from one dress into another. She'd been facing the mirror, probably expecting her friend, keeper, or whoever that other woman was, to come back.

Instead when she glanced in the mirror she saw her mate and spun around, the dress she'd begun to put on still unlaced in the back. She was even more beautiful than he remembered.

"Silas," she gasped out his name as she stumbled towards him, tripping over the hem of the red dress that she had on. He caught her before she fell, lifting her back onto her feet, but not releasing her as he held her close, checking her over and making sure that she wasn't hurt. He hadn't really thought that her own brother would hurt her, but as many times as he'd told himself that he still hadn't totally trusted the wolf killing bastard.

"Dahlia. Fuck. I've missed you so much." His lips crashed down against hers, as her lips parted eagerly her hands tugging at his shirt, pulling him closer, desperately, in a movement that surprised him.

"You shouldn't be here." She pulled back for a moment, breathing the words against his lips, before running her tongue against his lower lip, her hands making quick work on the buckle of his belt.

"I need to take you home." The buttons of his trousers were undone, even as her own dress, which had never even been fastened, pooled at her feet on the floor. She pushed him against the door, pulling his pants down as she dropped to her knees.

"She isn't coming back. Not until I come out. I told her that you're here."

"You what?" Dahlia took him in her mouth, looking up at him with her large dark eyes and his hands tangled in her hair as he nearly forgot the words that she'd said a moment earlier, which had sent his heart pounding with fear.

Nearly. "Dahlia. Stop. We need to talk about this."

Shaking her head as she stood, she pushed him down onto the bench nearby and his hands instinctively went to her waist. "You aren't getting me out of here. You walked past the guards, didn't you? You've seen them? They're worse than they look. They've drugged me with silver and wolfsbane in a fairly high dose, well my brother did, but I've senses still enough that I could scent you once you got into the room next to me." She sank down on his rock hard cock and he let out a moan. "Fuck, Silas. I've missed you so much." She began to move up and down slowly, as his fingers dug into her waist. It took every ounce of control that he had not to come then and there. She felt so wet and tight around him.