1

Y/N POV

         Here I was sitting on my surfboard as I placed my hands on my thighs in a leaning forward motion as small waves of water hit on my upper body

"Well it's another beautiful day down here in Malibu, these girls are really showing off what they got today after all some of these girls may be lucky enough to join some famous surfing agencies from the US," The judge announcer says as a brunette girl was up next from Team Santa Monica.

Many girls here are between 12 to 18 that do these annual races. The brunette girl who I think is named Adeline took up the next wave as she balanced on her board. She shifted her body a bit in order to go up the top of the way before going down again, this time she moved her board more center up.

"Alright up next, team Santa Monica, whoa look at that bottom turn center up, down the line, speed drive, carves it up the top" The announcer spoke as all eyes were on the girl from Santa Monica as she flew up a bit to make that curve again.

The wave she was riding was soon closing in making her prepare for her last move that would determine her score.

"There's that air reverse and big air! Whoa that rip, a solid 8.5! Good job Santa Monica, Adeline Summers, now, let's see if team Malibu can beat that. So up next in one minute, Y/N L/N, a child prodigy from the late M/N who was once the Queen of the Waves from Malibu!"

I turned around a bit to look over at my aunt and my club members who were cheering for me on. I mustered up a big smile for them as all I really feeling anxious and scared for the first time in a while. My parents passed away last week from an accident by a drunk driver, my mom was really stoked for this day.

"This is for you mom" I whispered as I pat my board that my parents had bought me a few years ago. This was for both my parents.

I look up ahead seeing a large wave begin to form as I touched the water feeling a rumble in the water meaning this wave is going to be a big one. I should take this risk, the way the wave is forming should be mainly up to those who are far better than me at surfing but it's a chance I will take. Getting a big wave can get me to 9 points at least. I glance back at the land where the crowd was at, looking at my aunt as I gave her a smirk in which she showed a look of worry and disbelief. I turn away as I laid my body straight on my board and began paddling my way towards the surf area to get that wave. Paddling was such a pain but I did not give up to get that wave.

"Whoa, Y/n L/n is totally taking that big monster wave. Her mom was able to take this kind of waves when she was only 15, it seems like her 13-year-old daughter is going to change that legacy!"

Keep calm, Y/n, this big ass wave won't crush us...hopefully. I pushed my doubting thoughts away as I moved my board in a way to face the crowd that was far away as the wave behind me started to forming really huge. The wave soon started to pick up my board making me go up with it. I took this chance to carefully and steadily get up on the board. I pushed down my weight on the board making it go down on the wave and slowly rise up in the middle of the wave as I touched the wave with my hand.