30

Y/n POV

(OwO ...)

The race between Joe and Langa continued on this cool night. I had wrapped my arm around Reki's as we both looked at his phone to see the race. Joe was really putting all he had at the moment but I knew so was Langa.

"Then Joe is going to win," A skater guy says who was not too far away from us. We were in an area of the track where there were only a few people, in the spot we were in, it was just Reki and me with three other guys.

"Well Snow's a rookie, after all, he's no rival," The other says in a taunting manner as they start making fun of Langa which made me get annoyed how they were bad-mouthing him.

"Hey! What do you know about him? His air is so high and beautiful! It's just like...a snow flurry, I've watched this whole time, his effort, his senses,... just how much he loves skating" Reki interrupts them, speaking in honesty. The three skater guys turned around and looked at Reki as if he were a joke.

"You cheering, for Snow? Then we should make a bet" One of them say with a smug look. Before I could chime in, I was interrupted by one of the other skaters.

"We're gonna bet on Joe-"

"Come on! I thought he pulled away at the corner and their gap is smaller than before" Another says in surprise making Reki and I walk over to that man and see for ourselves from the guy's tablet.

Langa seems to be going straight forwards faster meaning... but then we see Joe get down on his board, held on the sides of it, and balanced his lower body, straight up in mid-air, almost like a plank which made him skate faster. Whoa, Joe really pulled out the big guns in this.

"Whoa! He's perfect both on corners and on straightaways! He's on a whole different level" One of the guys complimented in amazement.

We noticed from the screen that Langa was already far behind making me frown. I noticed an empty look on his face as he slowed down, where was the spark he always has?... Is he really going to lose?... And just at that the area we were in, people started cheering for Joe who passed the track we were in.

"Isn't Snow here yet? Maybe he gave up?" One of the guys snicked making my blood boil at how they were mocking him,

I clutched on Reki's arm as I hated to hear the people already making fun of Langa. But not too later on we see him appear, skating at a steady pace on the track, looking lost in his own world. I could hear people yelling at him in disappointment and others with some words of encouragement. Though he's skating really slow, what is going on with him? Why is he like this?

"What's up with him?" Reki whispered in shock at seeing him in that state.

"Wait...could it be because we're not here for him?" I whispered making Reki look at me in disbelief.