chapter 4

𝒍𝒖𝒌𝒆'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗
i chuckled as she walked away. i mean i don't blame her. i looked over at the boys, leaning on the counter as they just bickered about 'titanic'. why would julie do this.

i look back behind me, she was just reading the back of the orange juice. who does that? i smiled to myself, she was just so cute. i just watched her until i felt a hand on my shoulder and i look up to see alex and reggie looking down at me.

"what? i'm waiting on her, i want to write some songs." they nodded and i rolled my eyes as they knew something was up.

"sure you were, me and reggie are gonna go down to the beach. you coming or just gonna stalk julie?" alex said, why was he condescending? right, but still condescending.

"i'm just gonna wait here." they nodded and stepped away. i walked over to where julie was. "boo." i said behind her grabbing on her shoulders to scare her.

"ahh! i will never get used to that." she groaned, i smiled thinking back to the first day i came into the kitchen.

"you said that in this very room about two months ago." i smiled and she turned around, grabbing a glass and setting it on the side.

"i know, and you gave me bright." she smiled softly, as i watched her take a sip of her drink, i nodded.

"and you gave us a second chance." we stood next to each other, just taking in each others words. her smile could make anyone happy. she pulled me into a hug, which i obviously reciprocated.

once we pulled away i see her eyes were red, my hands resting on her cheeks as i wiped away the tears and gently looked at her "what's up julie?"

she chuckled and grabbed my hands, just like that night in the garage "you brought music back into my life. thank you."

in this moment, i felt safe, like nothing or no one could hurt me. i felt drawn to her, moving in closer, i think she was too..

𝒋𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗
i looked back at luke, his eyes staring into mine but i felt myself moving closer to him, our faces so close i could feel his warm breath brisk against my cheek. i smiled softly, but just as our lips were about to meet..

"julie!" i heard someone shout out, the door swinging open, me and luke both moving to opposite ends of the rooms.

"carrie? what are you doing here?" she was stood at my front door. her eyes looked red, just like mine in this moment.

"i've been knocking for like 5 minutes." she scoffed, walking over to me. i rolled my eyes, she wasn't going to do this today. but before i was about to explode i heard a laugh.

i looked behind me to see luke stood there, holding back his laughter as hard as he could, he motioned me to go to her. i groaned and shook my head.

"julie. i need to talk to you." she walked over to my living room. "well, hurry up." i looked at look, my face red from anger. he ran his hands along my arms.

"she isn't going away any time soon, just go talk to her. i'll be right here writing songs." every bit of anger just left my body the minute he touched me. i nodded , walking into the living room and sitting down.

"what do you want carrie?" i sighed as she crossed her legs. she had a book in her hand, it had pictures of me, flynn, nick and dirty candi covering it.

"i've been writing.. and my songs just aren't what they used to be." she obviously needed help, and unlike her, i'm not a demon.

"well, what do you mean." i looked at her and she stuttered, she looks different, vulnerable. upset. "how about i just look?" i give her a soft smile and she passed me the book over, marked with a polaroid of her and her father.