Chapter 19. Secrets From The Past

"Well, that was a disaster," Aidan said in a somewhat cheerful tone after he finished escorting his mother out. She had finally awakened after ten minutes and demanded to leave as soon as possible.

"You don't sound too tore up about it," Mia laughed.

"Nothing can get me in bad mood today," Aidan grabbed her and swung her around.

"Is this about the baby statement I made? Aidan don't get your hopes up, I might not be pregnant."

"We've never had a serious discussion about our future together, Mia. Telling us that you might get pregnant just made me realize we should."

"What's there to discuss?" Kale asked as he leaned upside the wall. "Mia is ours, she'll have our children, one of us will marry her and we'll live happily ever after."

Mia stared at Kale.

Aidan cleared his throat to keep from laughing at the look Mia was giving Kale. "Regardless of how we feel, we still need to talk to Mia about her feelings. This is her life too."

Mia turned to Aidan shocked. It seems as if he'd learned his lesson after all. "Never thought I'd hear you say that," she told him with a grin.

"I am trying," Aidan said with a pained expression.

"You don't have to act like it's hurting you!" Mia shook her head. "I guess I can't expect too much from men who are used to having their way."

"I think we should go to the living room to talk," Aidan told her and took her arm.

Mia wondered what she'd gotten herself into by telling them about a baby that may or may not exist. They sat on the couch; Kale hauled her into his lap before Aidan could stop him. Mia had to smile. Who knew Kale would turn out to be such an affectionate giant? He'd come a long way from the man who was always so tense around her.

Aidan stood up and began to pace the room thoughtfully. "As I was saying, we really need to discuss our future together. As you know Mia, Kale and I are very serious about you. We see you as more than just a "girlfriend" in our life."

Mia let out a giggle.

Aidan stopped and turned to look at them. His eyes narrowed in annoyance. "Are you two even listening to me?!"

Kale was kissing Mia's neck as she sat straddling his lap. She looked incredibly sexy in that position. Her long wavy hair fell loosely down her back as she exposed more of the delicate skin of her neck to Kale's lips. Aidan immediately got hard. He couldn't resist walking over and kissing those soft pouty lips. Mia eyes opened in surprise when his lips touched hers. "Mmmm," she moaned making him want her even more.

"Perhaps, we can talk later," he whispered and suddenly dragged her out of Kale's lap.

"What the fuck?!" Kale yelled angrily as Aidan held Mia in his arms. He grinned and ran away with her.

Mia had to laugh at their silliness as Kale chased behind him. For grown men in their thirties, they certainly acted like kids at times. The doorbell suddenly rung. They stopped and stared at each other.

Aidan frowned as he sat Mia on her feet. "Who could that be?"

"It better not be our mothers again," Kale said walking angrily to the door. Mia and Aidan followed behind him. He opened it and suddenly slammed it shut, his eyes wide in shock.

"What is it?" Mia asked in fear of the horrified expression on his face.

"What's today's date?" Kale asked.

"It's July 4th..." Mia suddenly trailed off. "Hey, it's Independence day. How could we forget a holiday?"

Aidan glared at Kale. "Kale, did you forget we have a pool party today?"