Chapter 24. The Miracle

Epilogue

One Year Later

Mia couldn't believe what a genius she was. Why had she never thought of it before? The finely chopped dill pickles sprinkled on top of her vanilla ice cream was simply scrumptious. She grabbed another spoonful and stuffed it into her mouth, an expression of pure ecstasy covered her face as the dill pickles burst over her taste buds and the sweet ice cream slid smoothly down her throat. She looked down at the gold wedding band on her finger and smiled. Memories of the past began to replay in her head as she enjoyed her time alone.

The first time she'd gotten pregnant, she'd suffered a miscarriage. She hadn't even known because of all the crazy events surrounding her near brush with death. Eric had done more damage to them than they'd thought, but he was now serving a life sentence in prison since Mia's baby had been counted as part of his crime. No one could understand how he ended up breaking his one good arm while he healed in the hospital. Mia had a feeling Aidan had something to do with it.

Losing the baby had been a traumatic and depressing time for all of them. The baby had been Kale's. He had put up a good front for her sake, showing her, he was more worried about her than anything else. He had told her they could always have another baby, but Mia's heart had broken when she caught him crying on Aidan's shoulders one night when they thought she was asleep.

She had married Aidan four months later. She had wanted to marry both men, but knew it was illegal, so she had to marry Aidan since she had been portrayed to the public as his fiancé. The marriage had been very private and had been done without anyone knowing. Sadly, Kale and Aidan's family still hadn't warmed up to the idea of them being with Mia. Aidan's mother had tried to make her sign a prenuptial agreement, but Aidan had torn it in front of their faces and thrown it away. Mia's mother had come, even though she knew Mia's heart didn't just belong to Aidan and she still didn't approve of their threesome joining, she knew Mia was happy and wanted to show her she still loved her.

During the ceremony, both Aidan and Kale had slipped the ring on her finger and both had kissed her. Her name was on the marriage license with Aidan, but she still considered herself married to Kale as well and treated it like so. Aidan felt bad that he couldn't give her a traditional wedding with lots of people, dancing and celebration, but Mia had been the happiest woman in the world that day because she was finally joined forever with her two men for the rest of her life and that was all that mattered to her.

Life had gotten so much better afterwards, Mia still worked for them, but had also set about starting her own real estate business in which Kale and Aidan helped her build. Jasmine stopped being a gold digger and started going to college full-time. She even got a part-time job as a cashier at one of the Wal-Mart stores with Joyce's help. Mia let Jasmine stay in her old apartment for free as long as she continued to go to college and work. She wanted to see Jasmine make something of herself and learn to stop depending on strange men to help her.

"There you are!" she heard Kale's voice. She turned around to see him and Aidan leaning upside the kitchen wall watching her.

"Mia, you have got to stop sneaking out of bed while we're asleep. You scare the crap out of us when we wake up and find you're not there," Aidan said.

Mia rolled her eyes. They were extremely overprotective of her now that she was pregnant. "Where would I go at this point in my life?" She glanced down at her protruding stomach. She was as big as a house.

"I want to know how you're capable of getting out of bed by yourself without waking us up," Kale said. He walked over and stood behind her frowning with a look of disgust on his face when he saw what she was eating.

"I manage to slide on my back to the end of the bed. It's quite easy when you're sleeping on silk sheets and wearing silk pajamas."

Aidan chuckled as he imagined Mia sliding from between them on her back to the end of the bed. "What are we going to do with you?"