Chapter 21. Mia's New Life

Monday morning had come too soon for Mia. One reason was because she had a feeling that Kale and Aidan were never going to let her go back to her apartment again. She was right. By the time, she'd awaken; she had discovered they'd left. At first, she thought they had gone to work and was furious with them for not taking the day off. However, when she called them, she heard Kale in the background yelling at someone to not drop the furniture.

"What are you doing?" she asked Aidan.

"We're at your apartment, Mia," he told her.

She stiffened and hopped out of bed to pace around the room, a feeling of dread spreading over her. "Why are you guys at my apartment at eight am?"

"We're renting it out," Aidan said casually, prepared to hear Mia screaming at him through the phone. It didn't take her long once she got over her initial shock.

Kale watched him hold the phone away from his ear. "She's yelling at you, isn't she?" he asked walking towards him. "Give me that," he took the phone and placed it against his ear. "Mia? Mia! Stop shouting in my ear and listen to me. We're not stupid. We know you too well. You would have come over here as soon as we went to work just to check up on the place. We can't have you putting your life in danger like that."

"You both promised me you'd talk things over with me before you made any decisions!" Mia yelled.

"Well, that promise will always be broken when your safety is involved, sorry baby, but you don't get to make any decisions when your life is in danger because you don't have enough sense to take anything seriously. We know how much you love this apartment, but we love you more and don't come running your pretty little ass over here to stop us, stay home until we return."

Mia's mouth dropped open when he hung up on her. She called him back, but the phone was cut off. Kale never cut a phone off, which meant he was deadly serious. His tone of voice left no room for her anger. She sat down on the end of the bed. The guys must really be worried about her, even afraid. Still, she really had loved the apartment and was highly upset it had been taken away from her as quickly as it had been given to her. She walked to the bedroom window and stared down at the city below and wondered what her life was going to be like now that she was living with them.

Later that afternoon, Kale and Aidan walked back in the apartment. Mia had fixed them lunch to their surprise. Sub sandwiches had been laid out on the counter for them, fixed exactly the way they liked them. Kale looked at her suspiciously as Aidan grabbed his sandwich to bite into it.

"Wait!" he told him before he could put it in his mouth. He narrowed his eyes at Mia who sat on the couch watching them innocently. "What did you do? Poison them?"

Mia couldn't help but giggle at that. "Don't be ridiculous. I figured if I'm going to be living with you I might as well make myself useful."

Aidan grinned. "I could get use to this, but aren't you still angry at us for renting your home?"

"Well, I was wondering how you manage to do it so quickly, but then, it is your property after all, and I wasn't even paying rent so there was nothing I could do about it. You probably had clients lined up to get my beautiful little apartment since it's in a popular neighborhood."

"You're right," Aidan said. "It only took one phone call to a list of people who were lined up for it hoping you wouldn't renew your contract this year and they were breaking their necks to be the first one to get there."

"What did you do with my furniture and clothes?" Mia asked.

"They're in storage for now. You can decide what you want to do with them later. You can sell everything if you want. We'll provide you whatever you need, you know that," Aidan assured her.