Chapter 11: When he's gone

You pout your lips, sighing deeply as you tried to lay on a comfortable for you position. You were in Slender's room alone with your dog as usual. Slender wasn't around since he had some work to do and he had to leave you on your own for a while.

It's been two hours since he left and you already missed him so much. You couldn't wait until he comes back so you shower him with affection and love. You couldn't wait to see him again. You didn't like it when he's away, you grew so attached to him that you never wanted him to leave you even for a second.

You blinked, laying your head on the soft pillow. You felt bored and decided to hang out with the pastas, but you didn't know which one exactly. You felt comfortable mostly with Jeff and Splendor. Splendor was always so happy, always smiling and always positive. That's what you loved most about him.

He can make you feel better always. And Jeff on the other hand was also a very good friend. He's nice to have around.

You left Slender's room and look around the hallway, glancing at the different doors.

"Splendor!" You called out, hoping to receive an answer in return.

Your eyes glanced at the different doors, but you forgot which one was splendor's room. You sigh in frustration and was about to open one of them, but you stopped once you heard his voice.

"Y/N i'm in the kitchen!" He shouted, making you smile as you quickly rushed down the stairs.

"Splendor! Are you busy right now?" You questioned while he was washing the dishes.

"Not really. Why do ask?" He raised an eyebrow as he carefully washed every single dish, not leaving a stain.

"Well... i was wondering if we could watch a movie together?" You asked, smiling up at him.

He looked at you once he was done, wiping his hands against the towel.

"Sure thing, Y/N!" He said in a very cheerful tone which caused you to smile even more.

"Great! I have a few suggestions!"

"Like what?" He leaded you to his room upstairs.

"How about a horror movie?" You asked hesitantly.

"Y/N, you know i don't like horror movies. And even if it's just a movie i don't approve such murderous behavior." He explained with a frown on his face.

"Oh.. right! Sorry about that! I'll choose another one!" You said nervously as he opened the door for you, letting you walk inside.

You took a deep breath and sat down on his bed. You completely forgot that he didn't like horror movies.

"So what else do you have in mind?" He asked again, focusing his attention fully on you.

"Maybe a comedy movie? Is that alright with you?"

"Sure. I'm fine with anything as long as it doesn't involve blood and murder."

"Okay i chose this one. It's called "The Kid."

"The kid? Sounds nice to me."

"Yeah. I think this one will be worth the time to watch." You chuckled at him, getting yourself comfortable on his bed as you wrapped the blankets around your body, leaning your head against one of his soft pillows.

"Let's try it out then, but first let me grab some snacks. We've got some pizza left in the refrigerator! I'll bring some sweets and popcorn too, stay here!" He smiled, going downstairs to take the food.

You grabbed the remote, turning the TV on. The movie was about to start any minute now. You focused your attention on the TV now with a small smile on your face. You wished Slender was here, but you understand that he has business to take care of that comes first. You weren't mad at him, you were patient enough with him. There is no use to make scenes after all and you didn't want to make him feel upset or bad about it.

Splendor came back with the snacks in his hands and laid next to you, placing them down on the bed.

"Let's dig in!" He smiled, rubbing his hands together before he grabbed a slice of pizza and begun eating it. You did the same, starting with the pizza of course.

You hummed happily, chewing on it happily as you two watched and enjoyed the movie. You both laughed while eating since the movie had so many funny scenes.

The movie wasn't long it was only 50 minutes and you didn't even feel when it ended. You felt like it ended too fast.

You chuckled to yourself and looked down, noticing that you made the bed a mess with the leftovers from the food. You instantly started to clean it up, not wanting to get scolded from Splendor.

"It's okay, Y/N! I'll take it from here!" He interrupted, making you stop and cleaned everything.

"I had fun thank you, Splendor!" You said with a smile as you hugged him sweetly.

He nodded, hugging you back with one hand before going downstairs to throw the trash.

You leaned against the doorway, folding your arms with a sigh, leaving your lips.

"Do you know where Slender is?"

"Probably in the woods, harming another child. Like he always does."

He said, rolling his eyes in annoyance. He didn't like such violent behavior and he always gave his brother lectures to teach him better, but to no avail. Slender would never listen. You can't change him he is what is he and he does what he does.

"Well actually he told me that it was something important, but he didn't tell me what it was..." you mumbled to him.

Splendor sighed, fixing his suit.

"I don't know either. Probably something with Masky, Toby and Hoodie, i suppose." He shrugged.

"Well i hope he comes back soon. I really miss him already."

"You really love my brother, don't you?"

"Of course i do... why?"

"Y/N, you know people fear him and everyone runs away from him. They call him a monster. They're scared from him and no one would lay his eyes on him. He loves hurting people. You're really lucky that you're alive... you could've been just another one of his victims. Like i said before, i don't like such behavior, but i'm happy that he didn't hurt you. That never happened before."

You stood there, listening to everything he said and just nodded.

"I know... but what can i do about it? If he's not willing to stop himself from hurting people what's the point of trying to convince him? It's no use to make a scene. I know it's not alright, but that's his decision. I can't get in the way whether, i like it or not, you know?"

"Yeah... unfortunately you're right. But i'm not making scenes, i'm just trying to make him see my point of view and become a better person. I love my brother and i want the best for him. Everything i do, i do it for him. Because i care." He stated, sitting down on his bed.

"But honestly it feels like my efforts are just useless in his case. I've told him so many times to stop hurting people, but it's like, i'm talking to a wall. It's really frustrating sometimes." He sighed deeply, taking his fedora off.

"Just let him be, Splendor.. no need to stress yourself out, because of this."

Splendor remained silent as you kept your eyes locked on him. He was about to say something, but you both heard the front door open, assuming that Slender was back with the proxies.

"He's here..." Splendor whispered as he gently pushed you out of his room.

"You should go to him now! I'll see you later!" He said, closing the door behind you, leaving you on your own.