Chapter 2: The Slenderman forest

YOUR POV

Here we are, standing right in front of the so called "Slenderman" forest. Just a few feet away from it. You took a deep breath and walked past the tabel, completely ignoring the warning that it provided you with. "Fuck it, we're doing it." You spat as your dog followed you from behind, staying close to you. You looked around, your gaze falling upon the trees and your lips formed a small smile. To be honest you loved nature so much and you had nothing to be afraid of. This athmosphere was indeed calm and quiet. Nothing could possibly go wrong, right? You hear the sound of crickets chirping as you stepped further and further into the forest. Your dog stopped once again and raised its ears up as it looked around.

You noticed his weird behaviour and before you could say anything, Alfie barked and sniffed the ground. "What's the matter, boy?" You asked and in an blink of an eye, your dog sprinted away, leaving you with no other choice, but to follow him and see for yourself. "Alfie! Wait!" You panted heavily as you kept running after your dog. This whole running thing quickly made you feel tired and your legs were about to give up. "Alfie! Stop!" You raised your voice, but to deaf ears....

Finally your dog stopped running as it spotted a horrifying scene.... a boy was hung up on a tree branch and his blood was everywhere. His stomach seemed to be ripped open and his organs were scattered around the ground and the tree. Alfie's ears perked down and he let out a whine, signaling that he was frightened just as much as you were.

You gasped upon the scene and froze in your place "Oh... my... god...!" You screamed as dread started to crawl inside your heart, making your body shiver and fall to the ground in disbelief of what you just encountered... the dog walked to you, whining as its tail tucked down, lowering its head, looking at your pale face. You take a shaky breath and blink a few times, not wanting to believe what you just saw. "No fucking way... i'm scared." You whispered in horror as you kept staring at the body, the forest got now darker and colder. It just made the situation more tensed... with another shaky breath you forced yourself back on your feet and stared at your dog. It had a worried look as well, it stood with a stiffened body position and its ears were up, his furr raised up. Alfie barked at you, waiting for a reaction, but you were so shocked, you couldn't process anything. Seeing something like this horrified you from head to toe.

The dog walked closer to you and let out a bark that startled you and snapped you out of your trance.
"Oh!" You jumped up. "S-sorry... let's go back home. I don't feel safe here anymore." You spoke to your dog and you could feel yourself still shudder from earlier. You shut your eyes for a second, but as you did, you could feel someone or something watching from a distance. You open your eyes and looked around the trees, but there was nobody else there... maybe it's just a bad feeling. Slenderman is not real. You kept repeating this in your mind. And with the darkness finally filling the forest it was harder for you to see. You took out your flashlight, turning it on and you tried to find your way back out of this forest... but to no avail.

The forest was so big that you could get lost in it. It was a mistake to come here. A deadly mistake. Your hand started shaking and you could hear the sound of growling that came from your dog. He stayed close to you and made sure nothing will come out of the dark to hurt you. As you two kept going on your way, you noticed a strange note on a tree. You walked closer to take a good look at it. On the note it was drawn a strange, tall figure with no face. And trees surrounding him.

Your eyes widened in complete shock and terror as you feel your heartbeat increase from the dreadful feeling you had. You slowly took it into your hands and stared at it in absolute horror. "No, no, no... this can't be true... this can't be true..." your mind screamed at you and your guts were telling you to leave this place instantly. Alfie started barking aggressively as it bared its teeth, spotting the slenderman himself that stood menacingly from a distance. The dog itself couldn't scare the creature.

You could feel his empty gaze upon you to which the first thing you did was to scream and run away. You pulled the leash, forcing your dog to follow you, but it fought back, barking and growling at the monster. "ALFIE!!! DON'T!!!" You scolded your dog, your breath hitched and held tightly onto the leash, not allowing it to slip away and you pushed it even harder, forcing your dog back to you. Alfie snarled deeply at you and you ignored his growls, running as fast as you could for your life and he followed from behind, running and barking. "Alfie, please don't make things difficult for me... we're already in trouble..." you cried and kept running and running..... but there was no escape from this nightmare. You belonged to the Slenderman and you're going to stay.