Chapter 3: Meeting him

"I don't wanna die... i don't wanna die!" you had hidden yourself behind a giant rock as you held your dog's leash in your hand, crying and shaking from the fear that took over you. You believed you could escape, but you couldn't. And you had to accept it, but no, how could you? The tall, faceless figure was gone, but not for long. You weren't safe and you knew it. You've been running and searching for a way out for so long, but you couldn't find the exit and now you were trapped here forever. Your hands were shaking and you stared down at your precious dog... the only one to protect you... but no even your dog couldn't save you from HIM. Once you're there, there ain't no letting go. You scooped your dog into your arms, hugging it as it seemed to calm down for a bit. He was getting overprotective over you, so he tended to disobey you often . It was normal, but in this kind of situation you had to control him and keep an eye on him, because anything could happen to him.

You placed your dog down on the ground and shushed him, hoping that this time he will listen to you. He panted softly while you peaked your head to look around your surroundings. You breathed in relief and gently motioned your dog to follow you and it obeyed. This time you walked slowly and kept your eyes wide open for that creature and so did your dog. Just as you thought he had left you alone, he appeared again, but this time he was much closer to you.
"NO, NOT AGAIN!" You screamed in terror as you fell to the ground, hitting your back and you started to crawl away from the creature. You heard a chuckle, coming from that monster and he stretched out his tentacles towards you and then he lunged them at you. "NO! PLEASE, NO!" You cried out loud and held back your dog, because you were too scared to lose your own dog.

Alfie struggled with all his strength, causing the leash to slip out of your hands in an instant. You held your breath and attempted to take him back in your arms, but before you could the dog leaped in the air, biting and clawing at the tentacles. It snarled deeply, trying to tear them apart, but the creature growled back and wrapped his long tendrils around the dog and squeezed him harshly, cutting the dog's breath. The dog whimpered in pain and struggled to fight against him, but ended up dead.

The faceless man tore the dog apart, throwing the dead body on the hard ground. Your heart broke into million pieces and tears filled your eyes. You couldn't believe what just happened. You let out a loud scream of agony and left your dog behind. You couldn't watch nor handle this. You wanted to die. You wanted to bury yourself and never wake up from this nightmare. You wanted to escape.... you couldn't believe that you just lost your dog... your best friend.... your happiness...