12. Skeeter

CHAPTER TWELVE: Skeeter

CHAPTER TWELVE:
Skeeter

TARA HAD ALWAYS HATED RITA SKEETER'S COLUMN IN THE DAILY PROPHET — so it was no surprise that the girl was nothing less than infuriated when she found out that she had to be interviewed by her for the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Tara was in the middle of a Charms lesson when she had first heard about it when a very out of breath Harry Potter entered the classroom.

"Sorry Professor Flitwick, but I need to borrow Tara for an interview for the Tri-Wizard Tournament," he said breathily and Flitwick happily dismissed Tara from the lesson. Her classmates didn't bother to hide their scowls at the very mention of the tournament and how two underage Gryffindors were somehow allowed to compete.

"An interview? Is that really necessary?" Tara groaned as she tried to make herself at least somewhat presentable, if she had been informed earlier she would have bothered to slightly straighten her wild curls and perhaps she would have put on a bit of makeup. She even felt the need to do up the very top button on her school blouse and fix up her Gryffindor tie.

"Apparently so," Harry said, unsurprisingly he didn't seem at all excited about the interview either. Tara wondered if any of the five champions were wanting to be interviewed or if they simply wanted to be left alone. Personally, Tara just wanted the Tournament to begin because the faster it begins, the faster it'll be over and she couldn't wait for this nightmare to finally end.

"Where are we headed for the interview?" Tara asked, having no idea of their destination.

"Dumbledore's office," Harry responded quietly and Tara just nodded.

"How are you holding up?" Tara asked softly, she hadn't had much of a chance to speak to him after the night the Goblet of Fire somehow spat out their names, but she knew that he would have been receiving the same looks that people were sending her.

"Besides everyone, including Ron, glaring at me whenever I enter a room, I'm doing just fine," Harry said sarcastically and Tara sighed.

"Ron's just jealous, he'll realise how stupid he's behaving eventually. When I finally got my Hogwarts letter, he didn't speak to me for a week because he was jealous that he couldn't go too," Tara said with a smile and Harry just laughed.

"That sounds about right," Harry muttered as he came to a stop before the large golden eagle to Professor Dumbledore's office.

"And as for everyone else, they're idiots. Just try to ignore them, it's not easy, but you've got to try," Tara said which caused the younger Gryffindor to smile before turning back to the hidden staircase.

"Lemon drops," he said clearly and the golden eagle started to turn revealing the staircase. Harry quickly jumped onto one of the steps as the eagle continued to turn, and Tara followed suit, neither of them wanted to climb all the way to the top unnecessarily.