2

"And I'm proud, it's called free the feet movement. You don't want to join?"

 You don't want to join?"

Penelope

Aris watches me as I silently cry, wordlessly taking me into his arms. He doesn't have much to say, though neither do I. The two of us sit in a pile on the floor.

"We're gonna get back home, I promise you that. Never forget that I love you, forever." His words seem to fade away, and his face is a blur of different features. I can't remember what he looks like. His face keeps changing, the more I focus, the less I see.

I can't remember who he is. 

"Penelope, I swear to you, I'm gonna get you out of here, and we're gonna be somewhere safe together, somewhere we can call home. We can rebuild everything we once had, I promise you." Aris cries into my shoulder, his tears sinking into my shirt. 

"Promise me, Penny. Promise me you won't forget me." He takes his jacket off, draping it onto my shoulders, as a token of him to give to me. 

My own words surprise me, my voice is unrecognisable. "Aris, I promise you. I'll never forget you. One day, I swear to you, one day I'll make my way back home to you." 

I cry harder, hugging his large army jacket closer to my small frame, the cool night air of the scorch threatening me with its wind. 

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

I AWAKE in a cold sweat to Newt standing over me, who is now shaking me. "You were sleep-talking, greenie." I sit up, my eyes wide with realisation. "Who's Aris?" Newt stares at me questioningly, narrowing his eyes slightly as if I know something that he doesn't. 

"You were saying his name in his sleep, tossing and turning."  He explains in response to my confused expression.

I just shake my head, "I don't know, Newt. I don't know who Aris is." I rubb my eyes now, standing up with the help of Newt's small shoulders to lean on. 

"Are you sure you're alright?" He questions, and I just nod quietly, making my way to the bathroom to avoid further conversation.

Penelope.

"Oh my GOD, Newt!" I yell out in realisation, turning around. His eyes widen at my sudden outburst, nodding for me to continue with a slightly scared expression on his face. "Penelope! My name, it's Penelope." 

A smile breaks out on his face, and Newt approaches me from across the room, a glimmer in his eyes. "Penelope." He repeats, testing out how my name sounds coming from his mouth. "Penelope." He repeats himself, patting my arm with that same sickly smile.

I like the way my name sounds when it's him who says it.

I collect some of my clothes from the corner of the room after settling down and Newt grabs his as we walk side by side towards the shower block.