10

"Hey, that was a peaceful protest! Nothing wrong with that.."

Penelope

Penelope

MY EYES are locked on Newt's, neither of us wanting to back down as we unforgivably glare at one another. 

"Why can't you just listen to me for once, Penelope?" Newt's question comes out as more of a command, and it sends chills down my spine.

"What did I even do wrong, Newt?" He rests his head in his hands and disregards my question.

 "No. You don't get to ignore me." I'm being demanding and I'm going to regret it this time, I don't see the need for the unnecessary anger he sometimes has directed to me.

"Thomas was trying to keep you to himself." Newt clears his throat now, stalking closer to me as my arms cross over my chest. 

"Thomas was trying to protect me after you tried to send me after Ben, who might I add just got stung! You know how dangerous that is?" My voice comes out a little harsher than I had originally intended, and my words look as if they stick to him.

"I would've gone with you, Penny. You know that nobody can hurt you as long as I'm there." His caring words are fuelled behind some kind of sickening envy and anger that feels unfamiliar in comparison with the Newt I'm used to, so I tak a couple of steps back, making my way away from the blonde boy who's much taller than me.

"You're not my dad, Newt. I can protect myse-" My words are cut off when Newt grabs my waist in a harsh grip, pushing me gently against the wall which I'm barely leaning against, his free hand making its way beside my head and pressing up against the wall. Before I can make an attempt to wriggle my way out of his grasp, Newt's leg finds its way between the two of mine, his knee firmly pressing against the wall.

"Yeah?" Newt's voice is dark, a taunting kind of tone which tells me that I can't win against the boy. I meekly nod, being at a loss for words now as he looms over me, his face merely inches away.

My face contours into one of confusion and intimidation as I stare up at Newt, "I don't like the way you talk to me, Newt."

"Yeah? And I don't like the way that greenie talks to you, the way he touches you, Pen." My eyes have widened significantly as Newt's grip on my hip tightens slightly in a way that confirms that I might have bruises form soon. "The thing is, you don't even realise how badly he wants you,"

Newt's voice is dripping with anger, and I feel as if I'm hanging off of every word he speaks, as if waiting for more, waiting for something to happen. "In fact, you don't even realise how badly every guy wants you in here, Penny." 

I wonder when Newt says every guy if it includes himself or not, and when my gaze falls to the floor, he takes his hand away from where it's pinning me to the wall and gently lifts my chin up with his two fingers. "Every guy, Penelope." Newt's words are no longer angry, more possessive with an underlying gentleness which twinges them slightly.