6

"You're gonna die."

Penelope

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Penelope

WHEN I first arrived in the glade, I thought nothing in life could possibly be worse, and I was terrified to be spending my time with, what? 50 boys? Since I arrived, I've been thinking of different ways I even got to the glade, and I often find myself attempting to stargaze into the bleakness of the glade night sky with Gally late at night, when we're both exhausted from work.

Gally seems misunderstood in the glade, and I pity him for that- it's as though he's friends with me not because I'm a girl, or because I'm good at making a fool out of myself (like people like Frypan are), but because I listen to him, and give him a chance to be anyone, to be himself, anyone but just some homesick bully in a makeshift world.

I sneaked some grapes from Fry's kitchen earlier in the day, my so-called heist was nearly busted when Alby walked in, though I have good blackmail on him now as he was also going to steal food. 

I think he was actually going to get the grapes I got...too slow

"Do you think we're the only people on earth?" Gally's voice breaks me out of my thinking, and I softly smile over to the boy who's laying on the grass, about a half meter away from me.

"Sometimes it feels that way, but we were sent here for a reason, y'know?" I mumble, wondering how the two of us have ended up friends. 

"But it's like, things happen for a reason in the glade but they never make sense- like why we get a new greenbean every month, or supplies every week. Why the maze moves, everything...I just wish it made sense." Gally sighs out.

My heart hurts for the poor boy, who has spent every year he can remember in the glade, and I know I can't really comprehend how he feels, since he channels his confusion into anger while I channel mine into curiosity. 

"And if you get out of here," I turn my head, away from the night sky to face Gally. "What would you do?" I speak quietly, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere that we rarely get in the glade as Gally mimmicks my actions, turning his head to look at me with a precious smile on his face.

"I'd go home, I'd see my family. There's a whole world waiting for us out there.." Gally trails off, as though he isn't sure of what to say, "...but I don't think I want to leave, Pen- even if I got the chance. I'd rather stay here, y'know? The glade isn't much, but it's home, and it's the only home I can ever remember, and the boys here are the only family I can ever remember having. I mean, what if there isn't anything past this box and we're just some simulation or experiment? I prefer the security of knowing what we have here."