Chapter 38

The nurse came rushing to them with a hand covered in blood.
"What is he.. a Beast? It's impossible for me to control him." She was freaking her heart out.
"What's the matter? And what is all this blood?" Asked a worried Manik.
"Its his! He has pulled the channel out of his wrist. Threw the saline holder to the glass window breaking it into pieces." She said panting.
"What!?" Shouted Manik.
"Please go inside, two more nurses are there. And non of us can control him. He is behaving too violently." She said running towards the probable security section.
Manik started rushing towards his cabin when the nurse asked,
"Wait.. who is Teressa?" Manik turned around with a frown.
"I think you should ask her to come here. He is doing all this because he is freaking out to see her." She added and left.
Manik shook his head in disbelief and said "No..he can't."

¤¤¤¤¤
"Sir.. please..p-please calm down!" Cried a nurse.
The whole cabin was a mess.
But as if he couldn't hear them he growled in his drowsy state "I told you to bring her to me.. right now!"
His head was bandaged, his right hand was also covered in bandages and blood kept dripping from the other hand.
His chiseled bare body was now filled with cuts and bruises.
He held his aching head in both of his hands and gave a heartwrenching cry.

"Sir, you are not in the condition to walk. Please give us some time we are trying to inform her." A nurse tried to convince him.
He tried to move but the drowsiness was not helping and also his head kept throbbing with this unbearable pain.

But he needed to see her, to smell her, to hold her in his arms, to feel her warmth, to feel her.... heartbeat.

"Do not touch me!" He growled menacingly to the nurse who was about to take him back to the bed. She flinched and stepped back immediately.

"Bhai?" The sound made him a little relaxed as he turned around to see Manik through his swollen eyes. But the first word came out of his mouth was "T-Teressa?" He looked at Manik with pleading eyes. His eyes tearing up.
"B-bhai.. you .. you need rest.." Manik tried to say but couldn't complete what he was saying as his brother released an animalistic guttural sound while punching the wall infront of him.

"I WANT HER........ NOW!!" He growled making every single soul in the cabin jump back a few steps.

¤¤¤¤¤

He got out of the car and started walking towards the small wooden door. The cafe adjacent to the house was closed.
It was too cold outside but his hands kept sweating. His heart started beating faster than usual.
Although none of this matters much as he was used to ignoring these sort of issues.

He raised his hand to knock on the door. But as he placed his hand he found it already open.
He clenched his eyes and exhaled in frustration.
"How the hell could she keep the door open at this late hour. Is she dumb!?" He whispered to himself.
However he slowly opened the door and stepped into a tiny living room. He looked around being alert and closed the door behind him. It was dark inside. Only one room from the very right corner of the living room had its lights on.
And he knew .... she was in there.

As if automatically his feet started moving towards the room.
With every step his heart started beating even faster.

He stood at the door looking straight at the floor ahead of him.
There she was.. sitting on the floor with her head placed on her bent knees. Her hands coiled around her bent legs. She kept shaking. Her curls covering her face like a blanket.
He kept standing there looking at her petite figure. A pain crossed his eyes. A pain so alien to him.
He tried to say something but the only thing he could successfully do was clearing his throat in an awkward manner.
The curls moved slowly and the tiny figure turned her head towards the door.
His eyes were fixed to the husky eyes. They were teary, red, swollen and tired. But also....relieved? Happy?

"Dev.." She whispered and stood up slowly.
He didn't really like how she called him "Dev". He balled his fists as a weird feeling overpowered his senses. But his attention shifted to her tiny figure again.
She seemed weak, too tired to walk.
He stepped closer to her.
Tears trailing down her cheeks....
"but not for you." His inner voice said and he was surprised as to how his senses were reacting to this ..
"beautiful angel ".

"Fuck..What's wrong with you Rik!" He whispered to himself while stepping even closer to her.

She looked directly into his eyes now. She smiled and....
she stopped smiling.

His eyebrows furrowed at her sudden change of expression.
She continued looking into his eyes when hers were screaming curiosity. He felt a jolt of emotion rumbling inside his stomach.

A craving to touch her lips was growing inside him.

Their eyes remained fixed on each other and he failed to notice when her right hand slowly started moving towards his left jawline. Her fingers moved closer. And finally they met with his skin.

He clenched his eyes as his heart stopped beating.
When he opened his eyes, everything surrounding him went blurred. It was only her he could see, could smell, could feel.

Tears welled up in her drowsy eyes. Although her lips finally displayed a small smile.

"Its you.." She whispered.

Confusion spread all over his face.
But before he could say anything her eyelids closed abruptly.... she fainted and fell into his arms.