Chapter 3

Manik:

Sundays are very special to me.. after all I get to see her only once in a week. Triss is different, she is an open book. I love how honest she is to everything.. to everyone. Sometimes I feel bad for her.. she is only 20, she deserved a better life.. a better future. As far as I could remember she has always been a good student, she wanted to be a teacher but she couldn’t complete her education. The sudden demise of her father .. also his prolonged illness left them with nothing.. the only thing she had was that small home at Kolkata.. which she had to sell to continue the treatment.  The last thing I remember was that she was living in a rented house somewhere. She never asked anyone out for help. If not for Julian aunty's visit to her father’s funeral, she would have been roaming around here and there with no one knowing what she was going through. I spoke to my brother to help her out regarding this .. his recommendation might work and Triss might be able to complete her education. I told him everything about her. He is a tough person from outside but I know he feels bad for people who’ve lost their parents and are striving to live life in a better way even after being capable of having one.
Oh! Forgot to introduce my brother.. Daivik Raj Nagpati, my Dev bhai. There is no one who doesn’t know who this billionaire is and also how his temper works. He is a sort of perfectionist or rather I should say a perfection freak. He hates anything or anyone out of order, always wearing a devil face, and firing any staff if he finds out anything that doesn’t match his expectations. He is the so called ‘ tall .. dark .. and handsome’ one in our family. Girls are dying out there to get a glimpse back from him but being the kind of man he is I doubt he even looks at his own face apart from these business assignments and meetings.

After our mother passed away he never looked back and dived into this business thing so badly that we all failed to bring him back to his normal self. He is 5 years older than me. I am 24 and obviously he is 29.. but his attitude and personality makes all of us nervous when it comes to his anger. We obey him because we all know that deep down he loves us more than anything.

Nagpati Empire is the company established by my great grandfather but history says it has reached its peak during our father’s reign and without a second thought my brother is the best heir when it comes to handling business.  I am a professional wild life photographer and trust me I’ll do injustice to the position my brother is already holding right now. So I never preferred it in the first place, although Dev bhai forced me many a times but he respects what I do, what I love.

Today I’m going to surprise Triss. When she'll get to know that she can still be a teacher, she can still complete her degree, I hope she’ll be happy. I'll take her to our mansion today so that my brother can talk to her. He never leaves house on Sundays. So today he’ll be at home.

Here she comes out.. the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen.. wearing this yellow floral kurti and light green patiyala pant.. with that ponytail of hers. “Hey.. so where are we going today?” she asked excitedly. “ It’s a surprise.. you will know when we reach." I winked at her. “ ugh.. you are a cringe..” She made a face while saying that. I continued driving to our destination leaving behind the bushes, the water falls, the curved roads, we started climbing upwards. While I thanked god that she believes that I have a girlfriend, whereas in reality I have none. But if I never faked my commitment she would have never been this free with me ever. She would have thought that I'm hitting on her.. which indeed I am. :)