Chapter: 61

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "ADITYA NEVER POISONED HIM"?" Teressa's voice reverberated around the empty road.

No body knew that a simple question would become so difficult to answer. Dev's grip loosened its hold on Ritwik's collar as he looked back at Arjun with the same question in his eyes.

Ritwik's eyes widened as if he had just seen something horrible happening infront of his eyes. Pushing away Dev, he immediately starts walking towards Teressa, biting on his lower lip. Teressa's eyes shift from Arjun to the emerging figure of Ritwik.

"Don't let them manipulate your decisions Teressa. They just want to take you back to that hell hole. They are trying to turn your life more difficult. Trust me. Don't listen to them." Ritwik said as patiently as possible.

"I want to trust you Ritwik. I really want to." She said looking at him as a small smile of gratitude appeared on his face.

"Th-thank you, for trusting me." He said,  extending his hand to hold hers. But she immediately flinched back, surprising Ritwik.

"But why did you drug all of us Ritwik? Where were you taking me to? Moreover, why did you hide that you remembered me? These are some very simple questions, I just want simple answers. I deserve to know the truth. Only then I can put my faith on you again." She said supporting her back on the front of the car. Ritwik's grey orbs immediately turned back to something inexplicable.

¤¤¤¤¤

Dev stood on the same spot observing both of them with a clenched jaw.

"If I didn't poison him, then who did?" He asked Arjun, keeping his eyes fixed on Ritwik and Teressa.

"Before I tell you the answer, can you remember the last thing you saw in those dreams?" Arjun asked.

"I remember her drowning, I remember her screaming that I am responsible for everything that has happened. I remember...... that.. that I was the reason for her ugly fate." Dev said, gulping down the guilt forming in his throat.

"Anything else?" Arjun kept on asking.

Dev tried really hard to remember as much as possible, from those nightmares that kept on bothering him for forever.

"I-I saw Rik's lifeless eyes, his.. his bleeding mouth, his shallow breathing. I saw him die!" He answered clenching his eyes.

"Do you remember anything about poisoning his food?" Arjun asks.

"No.. no.. no I don't! What the hell are you trying to do Arjun?" Dev shouted at Arjun.

"I'll tell you soon. But before everything, Manik, I think you should go to Triss's place. Pihu might fall sick. If needed take her to the nearest hospital." Arjun turned to Manik and said.

"I can't leave Triss here. You people have already done enough. I am taking her with me." Manik said while moving towards Teressa.

"Manik!" Dev's deep voice forced Manik to halt his steps.
"I haven't died yet. I'm giving my word to bring her back safely. Now, don't make me repeat my words. " Dev uttered. Manik sighed and nodded his head.

"She has to be safe no matter what bhai. Please." He said as he strolled back to Teressa's place, giving her one worried glance.

¤¤¤¤¤

"I.. I couldn't find any other options to take you away from The Nagpati mansion, from him. I have lost you once Teressa, I can't let that happen again." Ritwik said looking at her expectantly.

"But Ritwik, I have been staying there for a long time now. Your brother has been nothing but good to me and everyone else, until the day you came. I decided not to take the risk of throwing all of you into the same fate but that obviously doesn't mean I hate Dev. Staying away from him is equally painful for me, no matter what. You know that, you've seen that yourself. Then why would you do this all of a sudden?" Teressa asked looking into his eyes.