Chapter : 67

Six months later

The mansion was booming with life. Something that was lost for a prolonged period. Everyone seemed busy with their assigned chores. The house was about to witness its very own Shiv Ratri once again. Tinku ji took all the responsibilities to decorate the mansion with flowers with the support of his mates, Pratima ji was busy cooking bhog prasad for the Puja.

Meanwhile, Manik was packing his duffel bag with some last necessary things. He had finally received his first assignment on wild life photography and was about to leave the next day for Jim Corbett National Park. Pihu, standing right beside him, kept folding the last remaining clothes on his bed.

"How many days?" She asked suppressing her curiosity as much as possible.

"To be honest, I don't know. But I guess some fifteen days will be enough. Don't miss me much, okay?" Smirking, he winked at her.

"W-why would I? I just asked, just ask.." Pihu tried to explain but got interrupted.

"It's okay, Pihu. I'll miss you too." He said, giving her a genuine smile.

"You should." She said, finally sitting on the edge of the bed. "You know what, I am happy for Triss. She finally got the chance to pursue her studies. She always wanted to." She added, looking at the photo frame on his table that contained a photograph of him and her, smiling at each other.

"Me too. Surprisingly, that was the main reason why I brought her to the mansion. Who knew it would take such a drastic turn." He said, shaking his head slightly. "All I want for her is the happiness she has always deserved, you know. She's precious." He sighed.

"You still couldn't get over her, could you?" Pihu asked staring at him.

"To be honest, it's a transition. You can't get over something overnight, something that you held within you for ages, can you? I know she'll remain precious to me till the last day of my life. She has given me enough affection and love to sustain a lifetime. But yes, I am willing to look forward to achieve something better. This will pass." He smiled looking at the photo frame on his table and then looked at Pihu. The girl who stuck beside him for some unknown reasons, the girl who was no one important to him just a few months back but had suddenly acquired an important position in his almost occupied heart. Who, now when he looked carefully, seemed really attractive to him for the first time.

¤¤¤¤¤

A half naked old monk kept sitting beside the river side, keeping his eyes closed. The red tilak on his temple was glowing with the reflection of the light from the sandhya arati at the river bank of Banaras. He couldn't see the man whose impulsive painting brush left no stones unturned only to capture him in his original glory. The painter's cell phone kept vibrating and he kept ignoring. But when it got really disturbing he decided to switch it off, so he pulled it out of his pocket only to find Pratima ji's name on the screen. His concentration broke.

He hurriedly received the call.
"Pratima ji, what's it? Is everything okay? Is she alright?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows. His voice filled with worry.

"She is totally fine beta. She is doing better. Actually, I needed to ask you something." She confirmed.

"Yes, tell me." He said, relaxing his tensed shoulders.

"Did you not receive the courier yet?" She asked.

"Courier? What courier? Did you send something? I told you not to take stress about these things. I am doing okay here. You just stay in touch okay? You just keep calling me, that's enough Pratima ji." He said, placing his brush on the marbled slab next to him, as he kept pinching on the bridge of his nose.