VI

Once we got inside I looked over at Julie to see her reading what she was texting Flynn out loud.

"What would you say if I told you there were three ghosts living in my mom's studio..."

"She'd say you're crazy Jules." I looked up at her.

"Yeah you're right, I know you're right." Julie set down her phone and looked at me. "So... what was it with all your gazing at Reggie huh? I think someone's got a cruushhhhh... on a ghost."

"Shut. Up." I said throwing a pillow at my sister's face.

"I am so telling the band."

"You are not! You don't have any evidence. HA" I retaliated.

"That's what you think.."

"Jules..."

"Fine fine. My lips are sealed." She told me.

~THE NEXT DAY~

I was still asleep when Julie snuck down to the garage. We always wake up together so seeing her empty bed made me panic. She snuck downstairs and searched the garage looking for the ghost band that had inhabited it. "Guys?" I heard her call from the open window.

"What is she doing?" I stuck my head out of the window and peered into the open garage doors and heard her walking up to the piano. She sat at the keys and laid her fingers over them. She started playing the melody of what had to be the song that Luke admired last night. She was really doing it. She was playing music again.

I got ready, listening to the melodies Julie was playing, and walked down to see the boys peering in the door. "What are you doing!?" I whisper yelled.

"we're totally not secretly watching your sister pour her heart out." Reggie panicked.

"Nevermind, excuse me." I walked past them and stood in the doorway looking at my sister. She signalled me to go and sit down next to her and she pointed out to where she was on the sheet music. We started singing together.

"So wake that spirit, spirit,
I wanna hear it, hear it.
Don't be afraid 'cause you're not alone,
You're gonna find your way."

"Why didn't they tell us they could sing? Why would they lie to us?" Luke asked.

"Hmm, maybe because we are ghosts they met 24 hours ago!" Alex replied.

"Oh well, forget about that. They are really good!" Reggie nodded. "They need a hug." Reggie was about to poof into the room and console us but Alex and Luke stopped him.

"we talked about this. A ghost hug is not exactly the type of hug you think it is." Luke rolled his eyes.

"Oh. Right."

The music stopped and I hugged my sister. "Jules! You did it!" I smiled.

"I know, and I'm so happy don't get me wrong. But it's a bit late." Julie sighed.

"I know, but don't dwell on that. You've made such a big step by singing again today. I'm so proud of you. And I'm sure when Mrs Harrison hears what you have done she will let you back in the music program in a heartbeat." I told her. Flynn then burst through the door.

"Carlos let me in. We need to talk. All of us." She had a sad yet stern look on her face.

"are you okay?" Julie asked.

"No! Of course I'm not okay! You just got kicked out of music! I've been up all night thinking about what to say. Might've drank seven sodas but I need to get this out." Flynn exclaimed.

"Wait, before you start, we have something to tell you-" Julie was cut off by Flynn.

"AH- No it's my turn to talk. You can't give up music! Your music is like a gift so that'd be a tragedy! So it's like your cancelling christmas and I love christmas!"

"Flynn I-"

"Uh-ah! When we were six we promised to be in a band together. All of us. Remember!" She kept going on.

"And we still haven't agreed on a name!" I chimed in.

"That's not the point guys! If you leave the music program, and leave me and y/n alone, we'll be apart forever! That's just what happens! Sure we will see each other in the hall sometimes, but we'll have new friends!"

"That's not true" Julie looked at her.

"You're right, I won't be making friends. I'll only have y/n. And the only time we'll contact each other is when we like each others posts on instagram! And every time I'll be hitting that little heart, my heart will be breaking cause my best friend left me and- ow. Do you have any soda my head hurts." Flynn put her head in her hands.

"Can I talk now?"

"Fine." Flynn put her arms down.

"I just played the piano and sang again."

"She was trying to tell you but then your seven sodas kicked in!" I laughed.

"I'm so happy for you... and me!" we all laughed.

"Look at you being.. I don't know... Alive again!"

"Right? It's like I drank seven sodas!"

"What made you play again?" Fynn asked Julie.

"I found this song our mom wrote us." Julie handed it to her.

"whoa"

"Yeah I know. I was so afraid to play it, everything that involves music just reminds me of her. Then I woke up this morning realizing that's why I should play it. To keep her memory alive."

"Awwe, come here guys." We all hugged. Flynn gasped, "We need to tell Mrs Harrison you can play so you can stay in the program! My girls back! Now we can discuss a band name!"

"We can discuss it, doesn't mean it's happening" Julie said.

"Ohh you always have to rain on our parade don't you?" I said.

We walked out of the garage. "oh hey!" Julie said to the boys who were sitting outside the door. I looked at her and gave a head signal towards Flynn. Flynn looked at her confused.

"Let's hustleeee" Julie added.

Julie and I waved to the boys as we made our way out of the garden as Flynn turned her back.

________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so I know I said I would keep doing longer chapters, this chapter just fit ready for the next scene so your gonna have to wait for the next while i write it.. well right now. :)