XII

I went to school the next day, thinking about what happened last night. What was that? All I wanted was to tell Julie. Ask her the questions I had circling around my mind and not have to keep secrets from her. It was killing me. It must be the same for Reggie. Not being able to tell the guys. "Just a few more days," I told myself, "Just until we know more." Then again, Reggie seems like the worst candidate to keep a secret.

I kept my head down all day and quickly rushed home to see the guys. I ran into the studio to find the guys rehearsing a song. I walked in and waved at them, "Wow, new song?" I hastily unplugged the amp causing them to go into silence. "We only had the volume at level one!" Luke groaned. 

"Yeah, but we rocked it at 10" Reggie added, smiling at me. I couldn't help but smile back, after I saw whatever that flashback was last night I haven't been able to get him out of my head. "Want us to play it again?" I lead him on with a shy smile, but then unplugged his guitar too. "Hey!"

"Actually, we've been waiting for you and Julie to get home, we want to ask you guys something." Luke smiled.

"Oh, okay. What do you want to ask us?" I said. Luke looked at me confused. "Us?" he asked. I pointed my finger to the door and Julie walked right in. "Whoa." All the boys looked at us in astonishment. "So.. what did you wanna ask us?" Julie asked them. "Oh, wait." She said looking down at her phone. "I have to go get something." She ran out of the studio.

"Well... what we were going to say was, we had a band meeting and we want you guys to join our band! What do you think?" Luke looked and me and I saw Reggie standing next to him giving me puppy dog eyes.

I was about to answer when I saw my songbook on the front of the piano. "What is that doing out here!?" I yelled. I dove for the book but Luke snatched it just as I got close and started running around the piano to get it away from me. "...Luke. What did you do.."

"Okay. So I might've taken a song from it and given it life again. But don't be mad! Because it's amazing!"

"Don't- Don't be mad?! How can I not be mad?! You invaded my privacy!" I was so upset with Luke. "Please tell me you didn't read the whole thing." Luke stood there smirking. "Luke!" I tried throwing something at him, but in usual ghost form, it just passed right through him. That means he read the song. 

"Nice love song by the way." He slid the book back over to me and smiled knowingly. Of course he read it. He has no idea what privacy is! "Jeez Luke! This is why me and Julie need boundaries. Okay?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Love song?" Reggie stepped forward with a confused and questioning look.

"You get to know nothing about that. And neither does Alex!" I gave them both a stern look before throwing the book on the couch. As I sat down Alex poofed in. "Why do you look annoyed.." He said signalling to me. "Ask Luke." I said glaring at him. "Why does y/n look annoyed?" He asked again still pointing at me but looking towards Luke this time.

"She's upset cause I read her songbook." Luke mocked me. 

"It's- It's like you read my diary! That's not something you're supposed to do!" I was still yelling when Julie burst through the door. And looked at the boys, pointing to me with a confused look. I held up my songbook and she instantly understood. She rolled her eyes and moved on. 

"Okay. erm.. we have to come up with a song and perfect it in half an hour because I may have just told Flynn about the 'holograms' being ghosts and she expects proof." Julie blabbered.

"Perfect, because... the reason we had y/n's book is because we developed one of the songs!" Luke looked proud or himself but me and Julie glared at him.