XXIII

I walked up to Julie as she was surrounded by students. "I don't know why you guys want these but okay." Julie laughed as she was being bombarded with flashes from two peers.

"Thanks Julie!" They say as they walk away, staring at their phones.

"Seems someone has a fan club!" I teased her as I walked to my locker.

"Oh, so you haven't been having people come up to you and ask for autographs? I must be the fan favourite then" She smirked back.

"Oh, as if. I'm the star of the show, and you know it." I walked back up to her and smiled as I saw Nick approaching. "Can I get a selfie too?" He asked.

"I'll... leave you be.." I winked at Julie and saluted at Nick as I walked away from them, just to be cut off by Cameron. 

"Hey.. you were really great last night." He smiled.

"Thanks, it's just a bit of fun, you know." I laughed.

"Yeah.." He said through a weak chuckle.

"Are you okay? You seem a little... meh"

"Yeah, I just wanted to ask.. you and the bass player.. I'm not trying to intrude on anything-"

"Oh! Me and Reggie? Pfftt! No, he isn't even in this.. country so.. we can't really be a thing. Thanks for asking though I'll.. see you round?" I made my way to leave but he stops me.

"Erm.. since nothings really happening.. how about that date?"

"Oh... I'm sorry, you're great, really.. it's just.."

"Nothing's going on but you like him don't you?"

"Kind of.. it's- it's complicated. I'm sorry. Friends?" 

"Yeah- yeah" He smiled and walked away. I was kind of frozen in shock.. did that really just happen? Julie came up to me and knocked me out of my trance as she flung her arm over my shoulder. "He ask you out?"

"Yeah.. Nick do the same?"

"Yeah.. you say no cause of Reggie?" 

"Yup. Luke?"

"Mm-hmm."

We walked off after that awkward encounter and went on with the day.. we still did have school to get through.

----------------------------------

On the way home, Julie mentioned the song Luke wrote again, 'Emily'. "He just put so much emotion into the song, and he can't even tell his mom. I can't imagine what it feels like to be there... but not be able to talk to them."

"Hey, why don't you help him? Take the song to his parents' house and let them read it!" I suggested.

"That's such a good idea!" Julie shouted as she took off into a run.

"Wait- Jules!" I yelled, trying to catch up with her. She scrambled to the studio to Luke's song book and ripped out the page. I told her to go on her own, this was a moment that her and Luke needed to share.

I stayed in the studio to work on some songs while Julie was out. I sat at the  piano and laid out my book. Just as I touched the keys a purple poof of smoke blinded me. As it cleared Caleb was sitting there, on the piano, smiling down at me. He really was creepy..

"Caleb?" I asked wafting smoke out of my face.

"y/n, you have a talent. A talent others need to see. I just know it." He told me.

"What? You've heard us sing?"

"Of course! I'm never one to miss a party, especially when my favourite band is playing."