XIV

Carlos walked into the studio. "Hey Julie, y/n, remember those orbs in dad's pictures?" He said.

"Orbs?" I asked, they must've discussed that before I came down. "Oh yeah, when dad came out here to take photos nothing and nobody was out here, but when he was editing the photos for the site, there were three orbs that turned up in all the photos in the garage." Carlos explained.

"Orbs huh?" I asked looking towards Julie, "Well what about them?"

"I... I think they're ghosts." He told us. "But don't worry. This room is.. is.. This room is clean. I'm not getting the ghost tinglies."

"Wrong again, little dude." Reggie laughed, looking at the guys.

"Have no fear, if the come back, I'll protect you, because I am the man of the house." 

"Isn't dad the man of the house?" Me and Julie asked, looking at each other and smiling. "Well.. dad needs all the help he he can get right?" I asked Julie and she just smiled. Carlos just glossed over what I said and pulled out a salt shaker, "According to the internet, salt burns their soles out. A little sprinkle will keep them from ever coming in here." I started to panic and looked up at Reggie signalling for him to move. Carlos started sprinkling the salt around the floor and he tossed his hand back, sending a wave of salt over to Alex. "NO!" Alex started to bow to his knees in pain, "Oh! Oh God, I'm... I'm fine. Totally fine." He stood upright once again.

"Oh! Carlos, you know who's hungry? Julie! Why don't you salt her a path to the kitchen?" I guided Carlos out of the door and turned back to the guys. Alex sighed.

"Let's try this again. There's some Sunset Curve songs I want to show you guys." Luke smiled.

"Ooh! Show us now." Julie sat at her piano and I walked over to her with my guitar as we waited for Luke to get the songs. 

"Yeah okay," Luke turned around to his songbook, "'Home is where my horse is?' Reggie, stop putting your country songs in my journal." 

"That was a gift." Reffie frowned. "Yeah Luke, you should be grateful for Reggie's genius." I laughed. "I'm not going to like this little alliance am I?" Luke pointed between us. "Nope." We smiled at each other.

"I dogeared the ones I think we would rock." He handed the book to Julie.

"Who's Emily?" Julie asked, a smirk wiping her face. "That- that one's not dogeared" Luke stuttered, coming closer.

"If you could only know, I'd never let you go. Wow Luke, I didn't know you were such a romantic."

"He's not." Alex started, "That one's actually about-" He was cut off by Luke. "No one. Uh, that's just something I tried, and..." He trailed off. "But if you go to the next dogeared page, I got a tune that's just.. It's got a killer beat."

"So you wanna sample?" Julie asked. "What do you mean sample?" Luke looked confused.

"Sample someone else's music." I told him. "Me, Jules and our mom used to sing that song at the top of our lungs all the time" I smiled. "It's a classic Trevor Wilson song." Julie finished.

"Nope. It's a classic our song" Luke leant forward and took back the book. "Pure Sunset Curve" Reggie agreed. "I've never even heard of Trevor Wilson."

"Yeah, maybe you're mixing it up, you know, with another song." Alex added.

"We don't mix up songs." I leant on Julie's shoulder, smiling down on her. "Trust me. Me, Julie and his daughter used to be best friends. I mean I still am but that's not the point. We used to hang out over there all the time, we know that song, okay?" I laughed.