VII

Julie, Flynn and I walked into the music room to demand Julie have another chance at what she was passionate about. Julie had her doubts about the plan but I was sure that if we asked, just asked, we had a big shot. I always knew Mrs Harrison had a soft spot for my little sister. 

I couldn't help but think of what Reggie hid from us that night. It must be something important. Maybe it explained why he was so familiar. I felt a pinch on my arm and turned to see Julie giving me an annoyed look. "y/n! Pay attention! I need your support here, okay?" she said to me.

"Okay, okay." I said, bringing myself back to reality. We confidently walked up to Mrs Harrison and told her about the fact that Julie sang and she is so passionate about music. That she shouldn't let Julie go. "I'm sorry girls but there's nothing I can do. The spot is already filled and I can't just tell him to leave." Mrs Harrison said. "I'm truly sorry." The bell rang and we walked out.

~BACK AT HOME~

Me and Julie walked into the house laughing and walked upstairs to our bedroom. We opened the door to see the boys in our room. "What are you doing?!" we yelled at them. We watched them just bustle about our room. Reggie was making blanket angels on Julie's bed, Alex was trying to pick up a picture frame and Luke was looking at my songbook, trying to figure out how to open it. 

The boys, staggered trying to explain themselves with a series of mumbles. "We were looking for the... Kitchen?" Luke said as more of a question than an answer. 

"This- This cannot happen." I said sitting down on my bed. "Its creepy"

"get off my bed. Please." Julie told Reggie making shooing motions with her hands, causing him to pencil roll of the side of the bed. He then came to his feet and dramatically fell onto the bean bag making me laugh.

"Hey Julie?" Luke asked, "What's in the book?"

"I wouldn't know Luke, Its y/n 's but it must be special cause she doesn't even let me read it." She smirked at me.

"Luke. That is off limits." I told him. 

"Oh, oh okay girl stuff" He said in a sing song manner.

"Ohh, like butterflies and glitter?" Reggie asked as I gave him a completely unimpressed look.

"Oh come on. I'm sorry about them." Alex turned to us, then his band mates and scoffed.

"One: thank you Alex and two: It's none of your business, and yes there may be some glitter." I said.

Reggie smiled as if he was saying he was right. Alex finally picked up the picture frame and said, "Hey! I actually picked something up... I dropped it." He dropped it at my feet onto the foot of my bed. 

"Is that your mom?" Luke asked signalling to the photo, It was a picture of me and Julie when we were younger, sitting with our mom.

"Yes and it's my favourite picture of us so you break it, I break you." Julie snatched it from my bed and placed it back on her desk. "Awweee, you were adorable when you were little y/n" Reggie said looking at me and I felt myself starting to blush, but quickly drowned it out when he jokingly said, "What happened?" I gently pretended to push his shoulder scoffing as he fell back onto the bean bag. I saw Julie smile out of the corner of my eye. I rolled my eyes.

The others all seemed to ignore what Reggie just said. "Okay well I'm sorry but I think we're pretty unbreakable." Alex told Julie. 

"I don't get it. You can mess up my bed, pick up your instruments but not anything else?" Julie asked.

"I know right? It's hard but for some reason, our instruments? Easy." Luke agreed.

"Yeah, like super easy." Reggie added. "Oh check out what I learned today!" Reggie said bringing himself to his feet as he held out his arms and closed his eyes. Suddenly, his bass appeared in his arms and he found himself once again on the bean bag. I couldn't hold in my laugh at his expression as he fell. "Yeah, that looked super easy Reg." I looked at him and he smiled at the even further abbreviated nickname.

Reggie sat up and rubbed his stomach, still in pain from the instrument that just fell on him. 

"It's like I always thought though. Our instruments are attached to our souls!" Luke smiled.

Then our dad walked in. "Hey." He said scaring the ghosts, making Reggie do a backflip and Alex grab Luke's hand as a reflex. I held in my laugh while dad was in the room, but as soon as he left I couldn't hold it in any longer and burst out laughing. "What was that?! Reggie's acrobatics and the way Alex grabbed Luke's hand!"

"Hey! Be nice!" Julie yelled at me and slapped my arm. 

"Okay okay, I get it"

Alex and Luke then tried to play it off like nothing had happened at all. "What? I mean, I don't remember anything like that happening..." Luke nervously scratched his head. Alex nodded his head in agreement, "Whateverrrr..". I collapsed onto my bed laughing.

Luke sat down at my desk again and started examining my songbook. "y/n" I looked up at him. 

"Oh my god! I thought I told you to leave that alone!"

"I know, you just should've said nothing cause now I can't stop thinking about it."

"It's a songbook okay? I haven't wrote in it since my mom died. Just haven't had the motivation I guess."

"But you still sing?" Reggie asked me.

"I stopped writing because it was me and my mom's thing, I still sing and play sometimes cause it's easier."

"What do you play?" Reggie asked as I was standing at the foot of Julie's bed, he lay on his stomach looking right at me as he gave me a big grin. 

"Whatever I feel like. I am very skilled with my music I'll have you know," I said as I got down to his level. "You really have a lot of questions don't you Reginald." I continued as I took the book away from Luke's gaze and lay back on my bed. "But wait- How do you know we sing?" I sat up one last time.

"Uh- well... we totally didn't stalk you when you were singing together in the garage." Luke slapped reggie over the head. 

"In the garage? So you were there too?!" Julie looked annoyed.

" I knew I shouldn't of left you guys gazing into windows." I sighed.

"Wait- You knew they were there?!" 

"Yeah but I guess I didn't think this nosey bunch would stand there listening!"

"Hey! Don't blame y/n for our stupidity!" Reggie defended me but then took a second to think about what he said, "Ignore the fact I just called ourselves stupid." I laughed that he was trying to say he wasn't stupid while making a stupid remark.

"whatever, just don't do it again, okay?" she pointed her finger at the boys. Luke shoved Reggie off the bed and lay looking at Julie for a moment. "So, where is the kitchen?" He asked swaying his legs. 

"okay, we need to set some boundaries." Julie said as she looked down at Luke, "For starters..." She waited for me to join her, "Get out of our room!" The boys quickly left after that.

Alex then popped his head through the door, literally. "Hey! Um.. sorry I didn't mean to bother you. Just wanted to ask.. did you get back into the music program?" 

"Uh, no" Julie sighed. I wasn't listening, I just got my songbook out from under my pillow and flipped through the pages again. When I looked back up Alex was gone. Julie looked over and saw I had a sorrowful look on my face.

"Hey. You okay? Just cause I sang doesn't mean you have to start writing just yet." Julie sat at my feet and put her hand on my ankle. 

"No no, it's okay. I think I may have found my motivation" I said smiling as Julie smiled back.

"Well I'm glad. Now. Are we going to talk about the fact you and Reggie were obviously flirting with each other over here!?" She laughed as she sat down.

"Even if we were, which we weren't. He is a ghost. I can't like a ghost, can I?"

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! I think this chapter has to be one of my favourites cause I got to write about the subtle little flirts. I did not think I would be getting out three chapters in one day but I'm glad I did and I hope you enjoy! <3 :)