XXV

All last night, me, Julie and the guys were up talking about how exactly we were going to perform at the Orpheum. If we needed the guys to cross over, we needed to do it right. Go out with a bang. If this was going to be our last performance as a band, it needed to be something people would remember for decades.

"You okay?" Julie asked me as we were getting our stuff together, waiting for the guys to come back from meeting with Willie.

"Yeah- yeah I'm fine, just worried about the guys I guess.."

"I know.. I'm sad we have to lose the guys too, but Flynn was right. We were going to lose them in a matter of time anyway. At least this way we get to give them a good send off." Julie smiled.

"Yeah.." I looked  at Julie and smiled just as another jolt hit me harder than any other ever had. Even though the guys had found a way to stop theirs, I didn't know if there was a way to stop mine.. other than going to see Caleb again.

"Y/n!" Julie yelled as she ran to my side once again. "Did Caleb tell you how you could stop these jolts?"

"No... but don't worry, I'm never leaving you." She hugged me as I reassured her. I had to figure out how to stop the pain. Not for me but for Julie. I couldn't leave her, not after this. "Well," I said, struggling to get to my feet as I changed the subject, "Lets look in mom's trunk and see if there is anything we can wear at the Orpheum, we should bring her with us." I smiled, kneeling before the brown trunk. Wearing mom's clothes while singing 'Finally Free', really felt like the was in the room, still cheering us on.

I raked around in the clothes and found two matching jackets. Black leather and decked in pins and badges. "Jules, look" I turned and held up the two jackets. "Why is there two?" She asked as I handed one of the jackets to her. "I'm not sure, but I think we should wear them tonight. What colour?" I asked Julie as I took the jacket back from her and held them side by side, one coated in purple, pink and blue sequins and the other, red, black and silver.

"Purple!" She shouted and opened her arms ready to catch the jacket. I flung it at her, it falling on her face and missing her hands significantly.

------------------------------------

Me and Julie were pacing the floor of the studio, waiting for the guys to come back with, hopefully, a performance offer. "Where are they?!" I was getting irritated as there was no sign of them for hours. Just as those words left my mouth, a whoosh came from behind me. "Oh my god you're back!" I screamed.

"What took you guys so long? Did Willie do it?"

"Did you talk to them? Did they watch? Did they like us?"

"Are we playing? Someone answer! Why's no one talking?" 

"Whoa! That's a lot of questions!" Reggie grabbed my shoulders to stop me pacing the room. "Luke, you wanna take this one?"

"Take a seat." Luke told us as me and Julie sat on the couch behind us, grabbing each other's hand anxiously.

"It's fine. Everything's fine." Luke explained.

Alex then chimed in, "Yeah, you should be getting a call right... now!" He pointed to the phone and waited for ringing but nothing happened. He looked around and tried again. "Okay. Right... now!" There was a small delay and then Julie's phone lit up with an unknown number. Julie and I screamed and hugged one another as the guys low fived. We looked at each other in excitement, no one answering the phone. The guys then signalled for one of us to answer the phone, and as I realized I picked the phone up and answered.

"Oh! Erm.. Hello!" 

"Hi, this is Tasha from the Orpheum in Hollywood." There was a brief moment when all of us jumped up and celebrated, "Is this Julie or y/n from Julie and the Phantoms?" Julie stopped jumping and answered.