XVII

I was starting to feel kinda hungry myself so I reached over to the pizza but had my hand slapped away by Caleb before I could grab anything. "I don't think that would be a good idea. Ghost foods doesn't go down well with lifers."

"Oh.. okay" I said taking my hand back and sitting back in my chair. "Sorry y/n" Alex briefly looked up at me with his mouth stuffed with food. I looked at all of them and felt I was looking at three racoons rummaging through bins, I couldn't help but laugh at them. 

Willie then came and sat with us as Caleb made his way back up to the stage. "I take it you're all enjoying the feast?" He caught our attention. "So many delicious sights, so many tantalizing sounds. But! Your eyes still hunger for more... something sweet... something savoury..." He paused and was washed with a wave of applause.

"How many newcomers do we have in the club tonight?"

Willie looked at us and signalled for us to lift our hands, Luke still grasping a piece of pizza.

"Ladies, let's show our guests how we do dessert. One, two, three, four!"

All of a sudden, the song continued and dance sparked up again.

'I said watch me make a move, watch me make a move, boys
(Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do?)
I said watch me make a move, no, I don't disappoint
(Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do?) Amen
Watch me make a move, I'm ya number one choice
(Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do?)'

Me and the boys started to keep beat with drumming our hands on the table.

'Life is good on the other side of Hollywood
Life is good on the other side of Hollywood
So welcome to the brotherhood
Where you won't be misunderstood
Life is good on the other side of Hollywood
So welcome to the brotherhood
Where you won't be misunderstood
Life is good on the other side of Hollywood'

The boys were soon whisked away by the dancers, leaving me at the table.  Luke saw me looking at Reggie but not going to dance with them and came over, grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the dance floor.

"Come on! Loosen up a bit!" He yelled as he spun me back and I hit into Reggie. He turned around, looking kind of surprised but soon calmed down when he saw it was me. "Finally joining me?" He joked as we danced together. 

I feel like this is the best night I've had in so long. I know I was at a weird club and dancing with a ghost. But if you forget all that, it was great.

"Wow, Reg. I didn't know you could dance." I said as he spun me around and laughed. "Well of course" He chuckled and spun me again, pulling in close as we laughed together. I could see Luke smiling over Reggie's shoulder but I didn't care this time.

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder, as I turned away from Reggie I saw Caleb standing behind me. Giving me that same look he gave me before. "y/n? was it? Could you come with me a moment?" He held his hand out behind him and guided me backstage.

"You know, I've never heard of a lifer able to touch a ghost.. it's interesting." He turned to look at me.

"Yeah, I'm all a bit new to the idea too. I didn't even know ghosts existed until two weeks ago." I laughed jokingly but he didn't find it funny.

"It would be great to look into this. If you could come back more often so I could examine your relationship and try to figure it out? It would answer some of our questions and maybe get to the bottom of this."

"That sounds great! I tagged along tonight to get some answers about this. I heard you were the best of the best."

"Well, if that's what the people say." He looked smug, "Well, I would love to see you again soon" He held his hand out for me to shake.

When I held out my hand, instead of shaking it, he grabbed my wrist and burnt something into my skin. "Just a little club stamp" He smiled as he opened the door, "Now go. Dance! Have fun!" I ran out of the door and back to Reggie.

"There you are!" Alex yelled, as he ran over to me, "Where have you been?" 

"Oh... erm... Caleb just wanted to ask me... if um... we wanted to play here sometime!"

"And...? What did you say?" Luke said impatiently.

"I told him... we already had a band! With Julie! Now, let's just keep having fun okay? See, we have one hour till we have to be with Julie" I signalled up to the clock and smiled, going to sit down again.

"You don't think you're leaving me alone on the dance floor do you?" Reggie smiled as I started to dance with him again.

Suddenly, the music came to an end after what felt like five minutes. Everyone cheered and the clock chime echoed through the club. "The haunting hour is upon us!" Caleb exclaimed to the crowd as the band shot up again. I went to sit down as different girls swept the boys away. I looked up at the time and had to do a double take. TWELVE O'CLOCK!?

Oh no! We promised Julie we would be there and we were three hours late! I stood up and hit Reggie on the shoulder but he swatted my hand away, I just rolled my eyes. He wouldn't stop dancing with this girl, I was kind of jealous but I just shook it off. "Reginald Peters!"

I made him jump as he turned around. "W- What?!" He looked annoyed but when he saw I was panicked he was concerned.

"We're late! It's midnight! I can't believe this! I broke a promise, a promise! And to my sister! We need to go! Now!" I was so annoyed at myself, how was I going to recover from this? 

He grabbed my hand and looked me in the eye, "It's alright, okay? We'll round up the guys and get out now."

"Luke!" He yelled at Luke, hitting him across the head. "Ow! What do you want?!" 

"Look at the time! We're late!"

"Oh my God! Come on!"

We soon rounded up Alex and tried to make it for the door but were stopped by Caleb. "We'll be back soon I promise." I said, pushing past Caleb, not realizing I had left the boys behind. I got outside and the poofed out after me.

"What is this?" Reggie was rubbing his wrist with his thumb, trying to get the stamp off.

"Oh! I got one too. Caleb said it was some sort of club... stamp? He also said we can go back and find out why we can touch! But that's for another time, Just take me to my sister!"

___________________

Hello! Here is another chapter, I thought I would take a spin on Caleb and have him stamp y/n too. It was different to my first idea but still works. I am currently listening to the Mad Love album for the fourth time today. I ended up missing half of Ethics because I was jamming to Minutes Away (It's my favourite song on the album). Also If you go to my Etsy, I am selling some JATP Stickers!
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Craftofthemind

Not many right now, but it would mean so much if any of you bought one. Thank you for reading! :)

-Zoe