VIII

I came home from school, completely stressed out over homework. I had to get something done. I walked straight upstairs without saying hi to my dad and sat at the desk. I set up the laptop and pulled up my chemistry homework. As my eyes started to skim over the page, I saw a notification pop up in the corner of the screen. It was a message from Carrie.

~Chats with Carrie~

Carrie:
Hey y/n! What's up? Haven't heard from you in three days, has something happened?

Y/n:
Hi Carrie. No nothing's up just haven't had any free time in a while.

Carrie:
That's too bad, I've been wanting to hang out with you! We should get together soon. I feel like you're avoiding me or something hahaha

Y/n:
Of course Carrie! I would love to hangout, I've just been bombarded with homework and I haven't had a spare hour to myself. I'm not avoiding you I promise. :)

Carrie:
Yeah, I didn't think so I just wanted to check in coz I miss you! Okay, well I'll see you tomorrow at school. Bye :)

Y/n:
Bye :)

Then I heard some sort of whooshing sound behind me and heard someone say, "Who ya textin'?"

"Reginald Peters! You should know not to sneak up on me like that!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he said laughing, "Just wanted to come and say hi. The guys have gone.. somewhere and I can't find them so I wanted to see if you were here" He smiled at me.

"Well here I am" I said, a grin spreading across my face. He stepped back from the desk and fell onto my bed as I turned in my chair to look at him.

"Were you texting Carrie? I've heard Julie talk about her before. I thought you guys didn't like each other?" He asked.

"No me and Carrie are friends, something just happened between them I guess. I'm not really sure what. But me and Carrie are still close."

"Oh.." He said, he sounded kinda upset, "Well what are you doing now?" He said, getting off of my bed to come and lean over my shoulder to look at the screen.

"Homework," I said trying not to smile at him. "Do you really have to be so close?" I asked turning to see him staring at me. But then I saw something dangling from his neck and grabbed it before he could pull away.

"What's this? Is this what you were hiding from me that first night we met?" I still kept a tight grasp on whatever it was that was on his neck. I stared him right in the face as he tried to back away. I got up from my chair and tried my best to become eye level with him but he still ended up looking down on me. He couldn't form a sentence.

"Well what is it?" I said as he took it off of his neck and gave it to me. "Wait.. is this-"

"It's a key. A key that unlocks something but i've never really been sure what. And then I saw your dad mention that padlock you were wearing. I thought maybe that's what the key unlocked. I hid it because I didn't know what that meant and it scared me." He started rambling.

"Is this why you are so familiar to me? How long have you had this?" I asked looking closely at the key.

"You felt that too?" He asked stepping closer, "I thought I had seen you somewhere before that first night we met. But I didn't know if you saw that too. And em.. I found it in some old boxes years ago. I thought if I wore it I could one day figure out what it unlocked."

"Well.. let's find out then. Shall we?" I asked as he nodded. I sat down, once again and Reggie kneeled next to me, placing his chin on the side of the desk. "Okay." I said I as took a deep breath and unlocked the necklace. Nothing happened for a moment but then a charge of purple light waved around us, making us stand. What was this? What was happening?

Then I turned to face Reggie. He was so close. We stood there for a moment, just looking at each other before we came back to reality and shook the daze off and backed away.

"What just happened?" Reggie asked as he fell back onto Julie's bed.

"I don't know, but I don't think we should tell anyone till we figure it out."

"Yeah, I agree. We need to be able to explain what this is."

I couldn't tell if he was talking about the necklace or what just happened between us. Whatever that was... it felt like it had happened one million times before. 

"Well, I should probably get some work done, or at least try after that." I sighed.

"Oh yeah.. do you want me to leave?"

"No, I like your company." I said smiling at him. He winked at me before rolling onto his back.

"So.. tell me about your band."

"okay, what do you want to know?"

"Everything Reg. How it started? How it ended?"

"Okay.. that might take a while."

"I have time." I said giving him one last smile before turning around and working while listening to him ramble on about all he was passionate about. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Heyo. I just wanted to take a chapter to develop the relationship between Reggie and you, the reader. I have a perfect storyline layed out in my head and if I keep speeding the original one then it won't make sense. So you can expect a few chapters like this, just developing. I hope you liked :)

-Zoe