XVIII

We poofed into the hallway, right outside the sports hall. I ran into the hall, not turning back to check if the guys were following. "Julie!" I yelled.

"Julie! We are ready to rock this dance... which is clearly over." Reggie ran in after me.

I saw Julie sitting on the floor, pin in hand, popping a balloon arch from the dance. I ran to her side and wrapped my arms around her shoulders as she hugged me back. "I am so sorry. I lost track of time and I came as soon as I realized. I'm the worst sister ever."

"No, don't say that y/n. It's not you I'm mad at. It's your ride." She looked up as I let go of her, coming to our feet. The boys looked down at us, you could see the guilt in their eyes.

"Look," Luke started, walking closer as the others trailed behind, "we are... so, so sorry that we bailed on you."

"Yeah, the night really got away from us" Alex stated, looking at the boys for reassurance.

"And other things..." Reggie hinted as Luke hit his chest, trying to stifle his laugh as he did. I shot his a look, telling him to shut it down and he bowed his head. 

Julie wouldn't even look straight at the boys, she was hurt. She took my hand and held it to her chest. "Just, please, tell me it had nothing to do with you getting back at Trevor." She was hoping. I wish I could have given her the answer that she needed, but I couldn't, it wasn't true. I didn't have the heart to say anything so I just held her hand tighter and bowed my head. But the boys had another idea.

"Pfft!"

"No! We wouldn't do that!"

"Oh, of course not."

I heard them chime in and just ignored their voices. "Seriously?" She let go of my hand and faced the boys wonce again, stepping closer. "You're lying to me?"

"Ok, look. It was something we needed to do." Alex was defending them.

"B-but we'll do whatever it takes. We'll play the next school-" Luke was cut of by Julie's breaking voice. "What? Another dance where you can bail on me and make me look like a fool?"

"Julie.." I whispered.

"Save it," Julie turned to look at me, and then faced the boys once again, "You know what really sucks? I know that y/n and I were passionate about our songs, and all three of you know the pain we've been through and how tough it's been for us to let music back in, and then you do this? And take y/n with you?" 

The boys knew how much she was hurting in that moment. I could see how awful they felt. The guilt painted their faces.

"Bands don't do that to each other. Friends don't do that to each other. This was a mistake."

"You mean the school dance... right?" Luke looked at Julie.

"No. I mean joining a band with you guys." She shook her head and started to run. I gave the boys yet another disapproving look and ran out after her. "Julie! Wait!!"

"Y/n!" Reggie called after us, "Guys!!" Luke added on. I kept running after Julie, "Jules! Wait!". I finally got her to stop running. She didn't turn round to meet my eyes. "Jules... I am so sorry. Its just- That place, those people, it's a place where the boys can feel like themselves and be seen. I know we let you down-" I was suddenly cut of by a jolting pain to my stomach.

"Ahhh!" I cried out, falling to my knees in pain. "y/n!" Julie screamed, running to my side, "What just happened?! Are you okay?!"

"I don't- I don't know. It felt like- like I was dying..." I was gripping my stomach to control the pain as I finally met her eyes. "Come on, let's go home and get you to bed, we'll figure this out together." She smiled at me and pulled my arm around her shoulder, lifting me up and helping me out.