Broken

I was more of a loner now, I was no longer the extrovert girl, I pretty much preferred my own company over others so my everyday routine was to wake up, go to work, go straight home and just refresh myself, have dinner and go to bed. I always settled for movies during the weekends but on weekdays, I just preferred to watch the normal news or whatever show that was interesting to me.

Flashback:
Summer 2017

I got engaged  two months ago and was going to get married in two weeks, everything was going perfectly well, with the consent of Joe I was able to start planning our wedding, even got a planner for my wedding, Alexander was his name. A bubbly and proud gay man who was really so great at what he did and as we speak he had already scored a wedding location in Samoa as we agreed. Joe and I loved the country because not only was the place so beautiful and exotic, it was also his native home.

The venue was booked, the invitations were sent, the rings were bought, the food and catering at large including cake was already sorted out, I had already gotten my gown of choice and I'm sure he got his suit as well.

So as I said everything was going just perfectly fine or so I thought.

My man was on the road and I missed him so much but he will be back tomorrow morning so I had nothing to worry about. I couldn't wait to marry him, we've been through alot and I'm glad we've reached this far. We were both successful in our respective careers me as a Lawyer and him as a professional wrestler. And we were about to finally seal the deal in front of our families and friends which made me so ecstatic.

As I was arranging the plates and cups from the dish washer to the cupboard, my phone dinged with a message notification. I dropped the plate upon reading the message. My world came crumbling down and I had to reread it to make sure what I was reading was true.

Joe 🐯: Baby girl, hey how you doin, I want you to Always remember that I love you so much with everything in me. You are the queen of my heart, you'll always be and nobody will take your place from my heart ever. You know to me family comes first, my children will always come first and for that reason I think we should call it quits both the wedding and the relationship at large. I've decided to try it again with Galina for our children. They deserve to have a complete family. So please baby understand me. I'm sorry for breaking your heart, I hope one day you'll find it in your heart to forgive me. Once again, I love you so much my baby girl. So goodbye for now.

End of flashback.

I got so angry that day, I was heart broken in a way that I couldn't even think properly. I broke alot of stuff, I screamt and cried.

I called my friend Alana and she helped me pack all my stuff from that house, his house that I moved in due to his endless begging, the house that held alot of memories of the love we shared.

It's funny how you can go from the happiest person in the planet to the saddest most depressed person within a matter of 6 hours.

Embarrassment and shame was an understatement what I felt that day was beyond that. I couldn't even face people, how was I going to call my friends and family to tell them Joe and I's relationship was no more and the wedding was cancelled?? How was I going to tell Alexander that the wedding wasn't pushing through so he should cancel every plan from the location to catering and every other preparation. My world came to an end atleast that's how i felt.

The law firm I worked for was my cousin's so he was benevolent enough to give me a three month leave to overcome the pain, embarrassment and heartbreak plus he gave me a transfer from Florida to his other firm across the country in Los Angeles which I was very grateful for.