Somebody close

"So I heard you're finally going to talk to Derek later, are you divorcing him? not that he doesn't deserve it but you're not usually one to quit that easily." Izzie ranted as she walked into the locker room to change, all the residents were pretty much done with their shifts.

Meredith was just sitting on the bench looking like a lost puppy.

"Can't you all mind your business for once!" she scoffed.

"We're your friends Meredith, if we did that we wouldn't be doing our job."

"Whatever, I don't want to talk about it," she murmured, trying to get away from Izzie who unfortunately quickly picked up speed.

"Where are you guys going to talk at? if you need the house tonight me and Alex can go somewhere else."

"Ok, seriously Iz? You don't need to use me and Derek as a way to nonchalantly admit you're sleeping with Alex, it's a little pathetic." she rolled her eyes.

"What? What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure Alex is obsessed with McDaughter, he stares at her constantly haven't you noticed? It's kind of creepy if you think about it, he did the same thing with Addison a couple of years ago and she's his daughter for gosh sakes!"

Izzie! will you stop rambling! nobody talks about anything else anymore and did you ever think maybe that's why I keep shutting you all down? There's plenty of other things to talk about, I mean we used to talk about surgery nonstop, now the whole hospital pretty much revolves around that damn perky 23 years old, just talk about something else for once ok!"

"Yo, what's going on? Alex chimed in, y'all ready to go home?"

"Meredith thinks we're sleeping together."

They both started laughing in response.

"Haha so funny." Meredith huffed.

"What's her problem?"

"Same as usual"

"Sometimes I wonder why I even talk to you people, never mind let you live in my house."

"Mer, Everyone has given you a free pass because we know you're hurting but you need to figure this out." Alex insisted. "letting anyone have that much control over you is not healthy, not to mention you've been an ass to everyone and it's getting old."

"I'm aware I'm not acting like myself ok! Meredith has gone crazy I get it!"

"We don't think you're crazy, we just don't want you to lose yourself over him again, he's your husband now! you can't just avoid him like you did when he was trying to make things work with Addison."

"I'm going to talk to him tonight, ok guys? Just let it go for now."

"Speaking of the devil," Alex uttered.

her cheeks suddenly got red. "Um, how long have you been standing there?"

"A minute if that, don't worry I know you all were talking about me anyway," Derek smirked.

"We'll leave you two alone."

Derek made his way over to Meredith and they sat in awkward silence for a good 10 minutes before he turned towards her and spoke.

"I need you to respect Jessie, I know this has been hard on you, I shouldn't have kept her a secret and the way I reacted when we fought was selfish but as an adult, you need to understand that my actions aren't her problem, You have the right to be angry but you don't have the right to take it out on her, just lay it all on me ok? I won't get defensive this time."

"Derek-" she tried to interject but he continued talking.

"I don't want to have a long conversation, we've barely said more than a few words to each other in weeks, I'm truly sorry for not being honest, I'm sorry for hurting you, and anything else I've done that's caused you pain, I want us to move past this and you don't have to be her best friend but I can't keep watching you treat her like dirt."