Messed up but so what

"Is someone spying on our conversation Derek?"

Addison asked him as she turned her head, but when she turned her head so did the girl standing outside her office, At that moment Addison realized it wasn't some girl, it was her daughter, her daughter that was apparently all grown up now, she nearly fell out of her chair in shock.

"Derek I think I'm losing it, take Destiny before I drop her," she said, her eyes wide as saucers.

"Addison Jessie is here, that's our daughter, she's been living in California but she can hear and she wanted to see us, I wouldn't lie to you, our daughter is here," he said still feeling like he was in a dream himself.

Addison heard him but his voice was echoing in her head so loudly she didn't understand what he was saying.

Jessie wasn't moving from the hallway she was too nervous to approach her mom, especially when the last time she spoke to her or even seen her was when they had their fight over Mark, she was also confused by the toddler she noticed after Addison had turned around, but she soon found herself being in her mother's arms as Addison ran to her and hugged her as if her life depended on it, they both sobbed into each other's shoulder as they clung to each other tightly.

Addison was so shocked the questions that should have came to her mind simply didn't, she felt as if she was in a trans.

"So who's that cute little girl?" Jessie asked her curiously not knowing how else to start a conversation.

Addison was not expecting that question, "She um, she's, well, I"

"she's your sister," Derek said noticing Addison clearly couldn't get the words out.

"Derek!"

"What? she has the right to know."

"wait what?! I have a sister! but Richard told me y'all have been divorced for years!"

"well it's kind of a long story," Derek uttered.

Addison gave him a dirty look. "not really."

Jessie just stood there dumbfounded.

neither of them wanted to talk about it but they couldn't complain, they're daughter was finally here and if she had questions they had answers.

"ok well your mom found out she was pregnant the day we decided we should get a divorce, and long story short we have joint custody and switch off every week" Derek explained.

Derek looked at her empathetically " honey I know this is a lot to take in.

"I don't really have any right to be mad when I ran away for 6 years, this is just really surprising."

"We understand that."

"Maybe we should just talk about something else for now."

"I want to know everything!" she blurted out without even realizing it.

"what?" Addison said caught off guard.

She started to sound frustrated, "I want us to start over, and we can't do that if I don't know everything, I never knew the full reason why you and dad fought all the time, or why it got to the point where he slept on the couch every night, etc, I want to know how you both got here."

"ok, what do you want to know?" Derek and Addison both said in unison.

"How exactly did you both end up in Seattle?"

Addison swallowed thickly, "Well."

Jessie shot her a weird look, "Mom are you ok? Seriously what happened!"

"Your dad found out about me and Mark and then left me and moved to Seattle." Addison said so quickly even Derek looked at her funny."

"No offense but that's not really surprising, how did you find out dad?"

"Um, well honey I didn't technically find out, I just had a feeling and When I confronted mom about it and I saw the guilt on her face I just knew."

"I get it." she said empathetically."

"Jessie baby girl, we don't want to lay too much on you right now, are you sure that you're comfortable talking about all of this?" Addison asked.

"I'm sure," she replied teary-eyed. "I really hope I'm not the reason you guys got divorced though."

"Of course you're not! sweetheart, you know our marriage was over long before you even left."

"I know, deep down inside I've just always wondered if I was to blame for that though, you guys had me so young, what if you would have made it if I wasn't in the picture?"

"Jessie it's the exact opposite, you were the reason we didn't kill each other, and honestly you're the reason we get along now, and we would have never been able to become the surgeons we are if it wasn't for you anyway, you taught us so much even though we were supposed to be the ones teaching you," Addison said as tears streamed down her cheeks. "Me and your dad just weren't meant to be, we grew apart and that's ok, it's no one's fault especially yours."

"You're our precious baby girl, you filled our lives with such an indescribable joy that nothing could ever compare to, me and your mom should have never put you in the middle the way we did and-"

"No Derek, stop, it was my fault I'm the one who cheated."

"Regardless, us separating was bound to happen rather we had one kid, seven kids, or no kids at all, we weren't meant to be married forever but I'd do it all again to have you, Jessica, you'll always be my baby even though now you've grown into an amazing young woman that is on her way to becoming the best heart surgeon in the world."

"I love you guys, and you did the best you could, I'm so sorry for everything!" She sniffled. before hugging both her parents tightly.

"You're back and that's what matters."

Soon they were all interrupted by Jessie's pager.

"hey, can we finish talking later," Derek and Addison asked her.

"Yeah of course." she smiled before quickly hugging both her parents and heading to her patient's room, She wanted to hug her sister too but didn't know if it would be appropriate.

🫀🫀🫀

𝗔/𝗡: 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴! 𝗜'𝗺 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗴𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗱𝗶𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶'𝗺 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲, 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗼𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗜 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝗹𝗼𝗹, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘀𝗺 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲!