Wheel of the world

❗️𝗧𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴❗️
𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗲

                        ***

"Jessie, Jessie snap out of it!" Amelia yelled, the patient was unconscious or she would have taken her outside the room or just drag her out if necessary.

"What? What, sorry I just spaced out for a minute."

"You're a Doctor now! You can't be spacing out or daring off or any of that!"

"You're right, I'm sorry."

"What is so triggering about this for you? I never knew you and her mom was close back in New York."

"We were, but me and Michelle lost touch about a year before I left, and..." she swallowed thickly. "I was working a late shift at a restaurant a couple of weeks later and I got a call from her mom that she died, I've never been able to fully live with myself after that because I never even said goodbye to her before I abandoned my entire life."

"Jessie," Amelia said sympathetically leading her out of the room, she tried to continue talking but Jessie interrupted her.

"What happened to her? I'm not going to let her die too!"

"I don't know if it's a good idea for you to be on this case, I would have chosen someone else if I'd known any of this."

"Dr. Shepherd In all due respect, what are you talking about! my mother delivered all of my nieces and nephews even though all dad's sisters were just as much hers if not more!"

"That's different, that wasn't a medical emergency, and none of them was a ticking time bomb."

"What happened to her!"

"She was hit by a car and there was a major impact."

"Oh my gosh!"

Jessie's pager went off and she rolled her eyes, "I still want to be on this case and I will be back."

Amelia just Syed, her niece really did have a lot to learn.

She looked at her pager and noticed it was from Alex Karev, she was seriously going to kill him if he paged her in the middle of residents rush hour just for sex, when she got there she noticed him and Jackson, standing next to a female patient who was hysterically crying. "What is going on?" she asked a mix of confusion and worry in her voice.

Jessie was unaware of the fact that today was the day all the residents were supposed to run to ER without the help from an attending until and unless it was time for surgery.

"She was beaten really badly and thrown down the stairs, she won't let me touch her and keeps asking for a girl, haven't you heard? all the residents are supposed to run the er today and just our luck everyone else is busy."

"did you try paging Dr. Montgomery," she replied running over to the distraught woman trying to comfort her.

"dude, I said nobody else was available! besides, I don't think your mother came in today, and we're supposed to handle it ourselves until the surgery is needed."

Jackson nodded. I didn't see her either."

"You don't need to refer to her as my mother."

"Whatever."

she rolled her eyes at him and turned her attention towards the patient. "Ma'am, is it ok if I take a look at you?"

She silently nodded.