Scrapbook

It had been quite the week, Jessie found out Nancy was not just in town but in the building, Derek, Addison, even Amelia, and Mark had tried to warn her but Nancy had a way of sneaking up on people but being impossible to track down when needed, they weren't ever that close and it was kind of triggering for Jessie to see her again, she didn't want everyone else in the family to find out she just wasn't ready but thankfully, although it took some coaxing, Nancy agreed to keep her mouth shut, that woman was many things but a liar wasn't one of them, so she trusted her.

On another note Jessie was growing closer to Izzie who had recently told her that she thought she seemed like her kind of person pretty much from the start but didn't want to piss Meredith off even more. Which speaking of Meredith and to her shock, she hadn't seemed to mind and had been a lot nicer to her lately, and that in a way made pretty much everyone uneasy but at the same time relieved. If she was being honest though, even though she originally started hanging with the residents for gossip, she really did consider them friends.

                                                    ***
It was now far past 2 am and Jessie had just gotten out of the O.R. along with Izzie and Dr. hunt, it had been a night full of nothing but frantic runs and screams for what felt like forever but now it finally seemed like maybe they could have a moment of peace, just for a second, As a doctor, it never took long to learn that peace and quiet never lasted and you'd pretty much always be holding your breath.

"Ok, who said it," Jessie mumbled as she and Izzie plopped down on a stretcher in the hall, Alex and Jackson were sitting on the one right beside it.

"Said what?" Alex replied.

"Oh don't play dumb." Izzie threw her scrub cap at him but missed.

"First of all." He snorted, picking it up and throwing it back, "Clearly girls can't throw things, also I thought you both would know me better than that! I obviously wouldn't say it."

"Hey, I wouldn't either," Jackson whined.

"Somebody had to of said it."

"Dude how do we know it wasn't you huh? I mean we don't usually let interns hang with us, you just get the free pass cus' you're McDreamy's daughter so that sort of makes you family."

"Yeah." Jackson snorted, "besides the fact that you slept with her."

"You did too."

"You both are getting on my last nerve."

The 4 of them chatted about different things for a while and soon fell into comfortable silence before both Jessie and Izzie dozed off.

"Jessie Messy!" A perky voice called from behind the corner.

When she didn't respond Amelia got closer to them, observing their sleeping forms before outbursting again, "Jessie!"

They both jumped in startle and it took them a minute to remember what planet they were on, over 48 hours with no sleep will do that to you.

"Amelia? Seriously! do you ever speak in an acceptable volume! she groaned in annoyance, rubbing her eyes sleepily. 

"Trust me this is worth it! but first I have a question, um are you two dating?"

"What?" They looked at each other puzzled.

"You fell asleep on Izzie's shoulder, I was just joking though I know it's Jackson you really like," Amelia smirked suggestively.

"Shut up I-!" But her voice calmed when she noticed both Alex and Jackson were no longer there.

"No need to be defensive! Anyway, I couldn't wait till your birthday to give you, well, I'll tell you cuz I don't have it with me right now but anyway, I got you Kelly Clarkson tickets!"

The annoyed look on her face suddenly turned into shock as her mouth fell open, her eyes practically popping out of her head. "Amelia you can't be serious! she's sold out."

"Can I come?" Izzie uttered sleepily.

"Probably, I got a bunch of tickets to be exact." She smiled proudly.

"What!? Amelia come on, you have the right to have resentment towards me but this is just cruel."

"Be real Jessie, why would I wake you up in the middle of the night while you're on call just to tell you I got you tickets to your idol if it wasn't true?"

"Oh my gosh!" She squealed finally starting to believe it, she wrapped her arms around her aunt hugging her tightly. "Thank you, thank you so much!"

"One small thing though." Amelia mumbled as they broke apart. "it's in Colorado so we're gonna have to leave tomorrow due to the fact that I forgot about plane tickets." 

"Wait, tons of tickets and leaving tomorrow? Something is not adding up here."

"Well, I wanted to surprise you In a better way but it's gonna be a party."

"A party?" Izzie said puzzled.

"Huh?"

"It's gonna be you and me, your mom dad, Lexie, and Mark, which hopefully you're ok with that, he really wanted to be a part of this for you, and uh well, Meredith." She said that last part far less enthusiastically.

"What about me?"

"Oh yeah, you can come too blonde."

"Amelia, this was really thoughtful of you but you do realize that's pretty much the entire hospital right? I'm surprised you didn't invite Richard." Jessie uttered sarcastically.

"Yeah about that."

"Amelia."

"I didn't invite him! But he's lonely, and he was ranting about how he doesn't have much of a life outside of the hospital and he just looked so sad."

"You could have told me you meant more of a family road trip than just a concert, how did you even get that many tickets?"

"I hope this doesn't make me sound like some sort of hooker but long story short my ex from New York is one of her band members and he gave me the tickets for free providing  I sleep with him while we're in town."

"Way to make yourself not sound like a hooker." Jessie snorted.

"Meh, you know I'd do anything for you." Amelia shrugged.

"You're so corny, how are we gonna drive there though?"

"I rented a van, I think the real question is how are you not mad that Meredith is coming?"

"I don't know, why should I flip out over it? It's not like I have any room to complain, I'm the one that left, I'm lucky any of you even talk to me."

"Wow, you're way more mature than I was at your age."

"In all honesty, I'm still more mature than you now." she laughed.

"Watch it! or I'll call you taddy Addie for a week."

"Fine! You know I hated that nickname even more than Shepherd Giraffe."

"Shepherd Giraffe what the hell?" Izzie chuckled.

"Oy, I had an unusually long neck in elementary school ok!"