Old things

The next day Jessie made her way through the halls with a newfound confidence, sure there was a lot laid on her the day before but she was the one who asked for it, besides she spent way too much time being angry over the past she wasn't going to continue to do so. "Things will be ok, they don't hate me so things will be ok." she mumbled to herself. Suddenly she heard a familiar deep voice behind her.

"Oh my gosh, my favorite niece is back!"

It was Mark freaking Sloan, before she even had the chance to walk away he brought her in for a hug.

"oh crap," Derek and Addison said in unison as they noticed the sight.

"Oh, crap Richard repeated."

Addison elbowed him in the rib "you forgot to tell her he works here now!"

"Ow! Me?"

Um, last time I checked, you're the one that had an affair with him, you should have told her!" Derek scoffed.

"oh, whatever!"

"Mark get away from her," Addison said sternly as she approached him.

"What? I can't say hi to my niece?"

"Mark..."

"it's ok mom."

"Mark I'm seriously going to punch you if you don't get away from my daughter!" Derek yelled coming up behind him.

"Oh come on, you know she always liked me more than you" he smirked jokingly.

"you freaking ass!" he clenched his fist and was just about to give Mark a black eye when Addison jumped in front of him and pushed him away just in time. unfortunately, they still made a scene, Derek lost his balance and fell backward landing right on top of Meredith, who just so happened to be behind him.

"Dude, what the heck?" Alex snorted noticing what happened.

April cocked her eyebrow "Um, what is happening?"  

Derek quickly pulled himself off of her and both him and Addison helped her up.

"Well that was interesting," Christina said sarcastically.

"Yeah, no kidding," Jackson added.

                                                              ***

"I can't believe he has a grown-ass daughter and didn't freaking tell me!" Meredith yelled squeezing a bag of chips in anger.

"You know this means you're technically a stepmom now right?" April smiled.

"Are you ever not Captain obvious!"

Izzie Syed. "I don't understand how he was able to just live his life completely guilt-free knowing he was keeping something so entirely life-changing from you."

"Dude, it's pretty obvious the guy has a talent for blocking things out of his head," Alex added. "I mean he left his entire life behind when he came here, it doesn't even seem like he's fully dealt with everything that happened back in New York, it's just weird."

"How does none of this surprise you at all?"

"Yeah, I don't really see what's surprising about it, he perused a relationship with you with absolutely no intention of ever telling you about McHot while still being married to her, if he could do that who knows what other crap he hasn't told you about." He continued

"Alex!" Cristina slapped him.

"what? I'm just saying!"

"He does have a point," Jackson replied.